• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Is Your Best Childhood Memory? - Mine is...

My grandfather would pick me up early on a Saturday, we'd go to the local diner for an egg sandwich and coffee, then go fishing. He'd let me drive his big buick down a dirt road to the lake. We'd fish til a little after lunch, then go back to the same diner for a hotdog lunch. I sure do miss him

When I was about 12 years old .a friend told me if I would go to Sunday school with him on Sunday his teacher-would take all the boys coon hunting the next Friday night which started a lasting relationship for about 10 years.we had some kind of fun following them dogs in that ocmulgee swamp.

One of mine is when I was playing Pop warner football (1973) for the 100lbs North East Mustangs ( Embry Hills area) I was a pulling gaurd , I pissed off my coach who said he was going to teach me a lesson and put me in the backfield as a running back so I would know what’s like to get tackled. He did , my 1st play was 22dive 2 back 2hole( right of center) . Long story short , in less than 10 seconds and 61 yards down field I was in the endzone for a touch down . I ran for over 120 yards that game. Needless to say , I wasn’t a pulling gaurd anymore

When I was about 12 years old .a friend told me if I would go to Sunday school with him on Sunday his teacher-would take all the boys coon hunting the next Friday night which started a lasting relationship for about 10 years.we had some kind of fun following them dogs in that ocmulgee swamp.

our neighbor growing up had/ran coon dogs, jokers pen were maybe 20 yards outside my bedroom. Lots of sleepless nights.

Back
Top Bottom