• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your “go too” powder for pistol caliber rounds…and why?

I prefer CFE Pistol, but will use Titegroup in a pinch. When you start with rifle, you're truly enjoy resizing, measuring, trimming, deburring and chamfering... and let's not forget the crimp in the primer pocket... all before you can drop a single grain of powder. Also don't forget to actually CHECK for stretch marks and cracks...

I prefer CFE Pistol, but will use Titegroup in a pinch. When you start with rifle, you're truly enjoy resizing, measuring, trimming, deburring and chamfering... and let's not forget the crimp in the primer pocket... all before you can drop a single grain of powder. Also don't forget to actually CHECK for stretch marks and cracks...
add annealing, uniforming primer pockets and flash holes!

700x for .45 has always given the best accuracy for me with hand cast bullets. Silhouette is the only powder I use for .40. It is amazing with bullets from 135 to 165 gr. Pretty much just use 231 or titegroup for .38 and 9mm at this point. During a powder shortage years ago I developed a load using titewad for .32 acp that worked so well that's all I use for it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom