• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your “go too” powder for pistol caliber rounds…and why?

Thanks for the input thus far…I haven’t gotten into all of the science of various burn rates yet. In my infancy stages I’m focused on proper loading technique and safety on the press and making sure I keep my load size in the mid-range level.

I’ve shot about 35 reloaded rounds so far…all went off without a hitch, and dare I say, they seemed to shoot more accurate than the factory blazer plinking ammo I was shooting most of the day.

I told my wife it’s funny, I’ve never been a “math/science guy”, but I’m really enjoying the math/science behind reloading and shooting. I can’t wait to get my chronograph later this week and test some of my loads against the factory data.
And it's started...Have fun...It's a learning process

The good thing is your up and running strong. You’ve got plenty of time to figure out what you want to reload for next. I found myself buying certain firearms because I wanted to reload for them. Those packages are going to keep coming lol!
I had a 20vt barrel put on a r700...cause a dude at the range was shooting 20vt...bought dies that night!

Back
Top Bottom