• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your “go too” powder for pistol caliber rounds…and why?

I use vvN320 for 9 and 45. It is great but not found every where and a fraction of a cent more expensive than Titegroup. Using Titegroup in 40 because I want to conserve my N320.
Titegroup in 40 does not fill the case enough to be safe. I could double charge it without spilling over the top.
Can’t wait to try Sport Pistol and power pistol when stock comes back in.

I use vvN320 for 9 and 45. It is great but not found every where and a fraction of a cent more expensive than Titegroup. Using Titegroup in 40 because I want to conserve my N320.
Titegroup in 40 does not fill the case enough to be safe. I could double charge it without spilling over the top.
Can’t wait to try Sport Pistol and power pistol when stock comes back in.

Yeah, that is my only hangup with TiteGroup...I shoot mainly 9mm and .40 for pistol and these first loads I've done in 9mm, even a double charge won't spill over. I get an eyeball indication of what the load size should look like in each case and then watch each charge as it progresses thru the press prior to seating the bullet...but still, a spillover would be a second level of safety. Double loads scare me for some reason...actually ordered an RCBS M1000 Balance Beam Mechanical Powder Scale so I can double check load amounts against my Dillon Digital Scale.

Thanks for the input thus far…I haven’t gotten into all of the science of various burn rates yet. In my infancy stages I’m focused on proper loading technique and safety on the press and making sure I keep my load size in the mid-range level.

I’ve shot about 35 reloaded rounds so far…all went off without a hitch, and dare I say, they seemed to shoot more accurate than the factory blazer plinking ammo I was shooting most of the day.

I told my wife it’s funny, I’ve never been a “math/science guy”, but I’m really enjoying the math/science behind reloading and shooting. I can’t wait to get my chronograph later this week and test some of my loads against the factory data.
You done gon' down the rabbit hole. LOL!

I most certainly want to get into loading larger rifle loads down the line...but I first:

- need to purchase said larger rifle

- need to learn how to load rifle brass (I will start with .223 as I do have an AR).

My wife is concerned with the increase in packages coming for me instead of her...lol.

I most certainly want to get into loading larger rifle loads down the line...but I first:

- need to purchase said larger rifle

- need to learn how to load rifle brass (I will start with .223 as I do have an AR).

My wife is concerned with the increase in packages coming for me instead of her...lol.

The good thing is your up and running strong. You’ve got plenty of time to figure out what you want to reload for next. I found myself buying certain firearms because I wanted to reload for them. Those packages are going to keep coming lol!

Back
Top Bottom