• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is this?

That's a rollercoaster of a text there. "And military firearm lover" sounds ridiculous. This is just a hunk of junk. Toss it. Smelt it, lick it, doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

What is wrong with someone being a “military firearm lover”. That isn’t quite the turn of phrase that I would use, but I understand what it means and it’s an accurate description. I love old military firearms myself and own several.

You don’t know what it is, and you’re advising to “toss it”. This could very well be a part for a firearm that is long out of production. This means parts like this will never be made again, and the folks that own the firearm that it belongs to need those parts to keep their guns up and running. The only other option is to have a part made from scratch, which can be very expensive.

I own several obsolete firearms, like a pre-WWII Marlin 90 16ga over-under shotgun. It’s being restored now, and will be a regular bird gun for me when it’s done. These guns were made from 1937-1958, so no parts have been made for over 69 years. I needed a couple of parts. I found one from a dealer online, and the guy doing the restoration had the other. If each of them had tossed those parts as junk, I would still be trying to get that gun up and running.

The OP is trying to ID it, and asked if anyone here needed it.

You’ve got a helluva way of pissing all over someone’s post.

Guess you're the first husband huh?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

If you’ve got time to be an ass to strangers, why don’t you go back to your “First other build” post here on ODT and fix it. Myself and others are wondering why you have what appears to be an “assault weapon” by CT law, since it has a detachable magazine, a pistol grip with your hand directly below the action, flash suppressor, and a VFG.

Folks questioned it, and wondered if you had more information than we had. Since you are a CT resident, and we are not, we would assume that you know the CT state laws better than we do. If so, how does your AR not fit the definition of an “assault weapon” under CT law? Not being accusatory, I just genuinely want to know.

If in fact it is something that is illegal to have in CT, I would advise deleting the post, as a savvy LEO in your home state can use your post as probable cause to obtain a search warrant for your premises.

To help you, here’s a link to the post in question. In the spirit of assistance, @DADI03 cut and pasted some of the CT state laws on assault weapons and semi-automatic pistols on Page 4 of your thread. https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/first-other-build.2184665/

Does it have any markings on it?

The dark green color sounds like the tint on WWII US military firearms that were parkerized.

Perhaps it is a follower from a 1903 or 1903A3 rifle.

Forgot about the dickheds on this site. I don't know what it is but I am still willing to send it to someone that knows what it is and wants it

M1903 NM Follower.jpg
Looks to be a Springfield 1903 milled follower.

Back
Top Bottom