• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is this tool called?

upload_2021-5-3_13-7-17.png
upload_2021-5-3_13-7-17.png
This is a Pickle Fork

I dont know if i like the tool using the threads of the TRE to extract it....but i guess it hasnt caused any problems. Most folks probably replaced the end if they had to break it loose for any reason.

I dont know if i like the tool using the threads of the TRE to extract it....but i guess it hasnt caused any problems. Most folks probably replaced the end if they had to break it loose for any reason.
Take the castle nut off, invert it and run it down flush with the top of the rod. Gives you more surface area and keeps the rod from smacking you in the face if you happen to be under it.

Take the castle nut off, invert it and run it down flush with the top of the rod. Gives you more surface area and keeps the rod from smacking you in the face if you happen to be under it.
Yep, i thought the same thing. I always had a cart with just air tools on it...it was always easy enough to grab the air hammer and either a pickle fork or just a flat hammer on the knuckle end would loosen it. That way you do not risk damage to the boot , if you using it again.
All of the ways we all mentioned are acceptable .

Thank you for everyone that figured out what it was. I fought for most of two hours with a pickle fork, torch, 3lb hammer, ball peen, and Kroil to get one out a couple of days ago. I lost a little blood and had one honey of a blood blister. I'm ordering one of these, just in case I need it again.

Back
Top Bottom