• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the limit of individual sales of firearms in Georgia?

Freebird

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
I'm wanting to thin out and I'm wondering the best legal approach to reducing my gun collection. Live in Georgia. What are the best FFL dealers if selling directly to a dealer? Any one with knowledge on this subject please comment.

Under federal law, conducting business “with the principal objective of livelihood and profit” means that “the intent underlying the sale or disposition of firearms is predominantly one of obtaining livelihood and pecuniary gain, as opposed to other intents, such as improving or liquidating a personal firearms collection.

https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

You'll never make what you want or even expect to receive from another individual in business for the simple fact they have to have a profit margin which your collections value will eat and leave you with the short end of the stick. They're only good for fast cash but fast isn't cheap and cheap isn't good. You would be amazed how fast you can sell a large majority fast here with a simple picture of an excel sheet or list with gun name and price and a few pictures

The outdoors trader.com. Buy/sell/trade. Get what they're worth instead of less than so the dealer can make a profit. Account set up is free and listing is free. It's all free then you leave feedback for each other. Show IDs and permits. Been on it for a long time met some great guys. There are police on there that do it too. Nothing wrong with private sales just obey the law and read feedbacks. It makes some uncomfortable doing this but To each his own. You have bargaining power to add ammo or request it and or cash to sweeten the deal. It's a lot of fun. Everyone I've dealt with has a permit and you have the right to not deal with someone if they don't have the proper credentials. I am on there as Hermit73. Hope to see you there!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My understanding is that the best money is on Gunbroker. But then there's shipping and payments and all the other associated hassle.

Maybe you could find a shop to sell on consignment?

When my uncle passed my cousins found a gun shop that was interested but they were paying maybe 40cents on the dollar. They have to make a profit which means less money in your pocket.

Any cool/interesting milsurps? :eyebrows:

I'm wanting to thin out and I'm wondering the best legal approach to reducing my gun collection. Live in Georgia. What are the best FFL dealers if selling directly to a dealer? Any one with knowledge on this subject please comment.
Do NOT bundle all of it up for convenience and expect some pawn shop or gun dealer to give you a fair value, PERIOD. Piece them out here, individually for the price you want and adjust accordingly based on response. Been there done that.

Back
Top Bottom