• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the correct process on applying rocksett for muzzle device installation?

jimmerboy123

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Most I could find online was "less is more" and that 2-drops is sufficient. Obviously degrease threads first. Should I apply the 2 drops directly onto the barrel threads? Any specific locations like front (muzzle end) or rear (closer to shoulder) of threads? Do I spread it around with a q-tip?

I watched the surefire video (@min 3:22), but it looks like he uses kind of a lot. Both on the barrel threads and muzzle device threads.

I want to make sure I don't end up permanently attaching the damn thing if I ever want to change it out lol. thanks

Red lock tite has to be heated to around five hundred degrees before it lets up. From what I have heard about rock sett, its good to 2000. I use blue loctite and have never had a problem. I wouldn't use much if any.

Are you using a crush washer? If so, I've never had to use any rockset or Locktite as long as the flash hider or muzzlebrake is torqued properly.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Rocksett tip sheet is available here. This is a link from the Flexbar website.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...60d84db4-0c98-40de-ab14-e4bf5cbd720c.pdf?2026

If applied like in the video, you can water soak for 24 hours and then use some force to remove it. I've never had issues removing a muzzle device installed with Rocksett. Water & force works every time.

There ya go. If you have a question about how a substance should be used, your best bet is to ask the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom