• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best?

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
I have a 10/22 set up for my wife but she has a very hard time using a scope. Sooooo I' am in the market for a red dot. What are you guys using and why. I would like a site with a large dot and extended battery life.

Thank you guys for the input.

I have an astigmatism so red dots to me look like a blob and sometimes I see two of them so I have to use a prism scope with a etched reticle which works incredibly well.
Ive got my eye on the swampfox blade 1x25 prism optic for my close quarter rifle set up.
Ive used vortex and didnt quite like the controls.
The blade optic has shake on power and turns off after 2.5 min.
My biggest problem is finding one....not only is ammo hard to find right now but accessories have seemed to all have been bought up.

I think I'd go with the red dot that has the smallest obstruction of your view of what is around the target --in other words the smallest black ring as you view it from the back end.

The only red dot sight I've bought in the last 25 years is a cheap Tasco --it cost about $35 and it gets switched back-and-forth between a pellet pistol and two different rimfire rifles. Seems to be sufficient for my purposes and except for the durability of it I think it would be fine on a self-defense carbine or multi-purpose rifle.

I ended up getting the primary arms SLX cyclops 1x20 prism optic.
Illumination is
great for daylight and goes super dim for night use.

Of course the etched chevron is nice to have and needs no illumination in daylight.

Eye relief is incredible but for a 1x optic you’re not gonna have much issue .

Looks like a solid piece of equipment and looks good.

I’m hoping to dial it in this weekend between hunts.

The only thing I don’t like about it is they didn’t have tan or brown so I have to paint mine so it blends into my shadow cam.

Aimpoint pro is my preferred red dot but for something like a 10/22 with such light recoil the world is your oyster. I'd get something that sits low enough that you dont have to build up the stock too much.

Back
Top Bottom