• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best cell camera that won’t drain the bank

kc30121

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
76   1
Reaction score
So there is a bunch out there but I am trying to get 2-3 that won’t drain the bank account. I noticed there is some out there for around a $100 bill now.
What do you use and how much? I work for At&t so I will be using them for the data side of things.

**sorry if this was talked about before. Didn’t see anything resent in the forum.

That is the thread I started, and I must say, I am still impressed. I just ordered another one tonight. They are in short supply, and will not be receiving any more this year. Available on Verizon and AT&T networks. Get the one that has the best service in your area.

I've got 2 of the above mentioned tactacam reveals. One is NIB and the other has been out in my back yard for a week. I'm going a different direction and would take $200 for the pair local pickup or will ship for actual cost. They are Verizon network.

I've got 2 of the above mentioned tactacam reveals. One is NIB and the other has been out in my back yard for a week. I'm going a different direction and would take $200 for the pair local pickup or will ship for actual cost. They are Verizon network.
I would be interested in those but I work for the telephone company(AT&T)and get data cards for practically nothing.

BA20CC8D-BCA8-4294-8DBC-878592D49112.jpeg
92BC0AC1-7947-4AD9-AFB3-A880F52333BF.jpeg
8D5B1FE3-B654-4F10-AC67-73F1049EBCBC.jpeg
066E9482-349A-41F4-8FBB-CD528D3BFB73.jpeg
Here’s the moultree cam with AT&T service.
It’s mounted 30’ up a tree.
The main purpose of this camera was to catch trespassers on atv’s and it aided in finally getting evidence for a criminal trespass warning for the criminals you see below.
It also caught several deer.
Sometimes the night pics aren’t the greatest but they’re okay.
Pics aren’t bad for being 30’ up .
it usually send pics 7 minutes after they’re taken but often times I’ll get an alert and only one pic will show up then if I get another alert later in the day a few more pics from the earlier alert will show up also.

I’ve had a few outages where Ingot an alert that the service was having data issues and I could not access the camera.
I also get alerts from time to time to update the app to latest version but when I click ok it never takes me to an update link and I can’t figure out how to do it.
I emailed them and they finally emailed me back about 2 weeks later with a generic response.
Pretty crappy.

All in all i’m pretty happy with the cameras as we have two.

Here are some pics including the trespassers.
The first pic is my hunting buddy from last evening.

I would be interested in those but I work for the telephone company(AT&T)and get data cards for practically nothing.
How does that work? The sim cards are provided with the camera, and the data plans are purchased with Tactacam. It doesn't matter who your regular cell phone service is with. You are just accessing the app on your phone.

How does that work? The sim cards are provided with the camera, and the data plans are purchased with Tactacam. It doesn't matter who your regular cell phone service is with. You are just accessing the app on your phone.
It might of changed. I know you used to get the SIM card from the carrier.

Yep, buy the data plan that you think you need. I am running my cameras year round, scouting for deer, turkey, and coyotes. Therefore, I am using the unlimited picture plan. It runs $120.00 for the first camera, and then $96.00 for each additional. They have cheaper plans also.

Back
Top Bottom