• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is love to you?

As much as I still adore and absolutely love my wife, loving God will always come first in my life. I lost both of my parents years ago and although I didn't show it like I should have most of the time, I dearly loved them as well. I do love all of my family, but strangely out of all besides my wife, I have a love for my granddaughter Emma Grace that is right up there with my wife. She started her life out in a broken home, and I doubt she'll ever be able to wake up any morning in a home with both birth parents there. She's the only one of my grandchildren in that situation and it really places her in a special part of my heart because of it. I love her more than she will ever understand, and I'm ok with that as long as she is provided for like the rest of mine are. Seeing her and my wife's faces will as long as I live put a smile in me that can't be compared to any other........

I decided to not have children after going through cancer and chemo myself. I saw what my parents went through. Call it selfish...but I am not going through what my parents did.
Having a child is the biggest responsibility you will ever take on in life..Many that have them don't deserve them. Nothing wrong with your decision, at least your honest about it..

Love is a risk & reward scenario that even when you lose, you gain. You have to let someone or something in to feel the love, but you risk losing it if they pass, leave, etc. When they're gone, you're still in a better place because you experienced that love, if even for a short time.

I lost one of my close friends & neighbors to cancer & every time I work outside, I think of him as he was always there & willing to help, most of the time he wasn't even asked. I think of that & try to emulate the same attitude, so even though he's gone, something of him still carries on in the acts of kindness I do for others.

Back
Top Bottom