• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is going on?

Major pain

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
So, I have bought/ traded and sold on here for a year, have a pretty good indication what firearms are not so good, good, fair and great plus what they should cost. I've sold all mine to purchase a house this past September and I had some cool stuff (psa akv, ptr9ct, m1a scout+6 mags+ drum, ar15 custom but with good parts) and I've always taken a loss, atleast by $50 or so because a USED GUN IS A USED GUN. I take that loss on purpose, no complaints. But stimulus checks are going out again and I'm in the market and that brings me to my question, what is going on? I see people listing smith and wesson m&p for 900+, psa for 7-800+, bear creek for 800+, anderson builds for 7-800. Do people actully buy these at this price? Are these people just taking advantage of average normies who are in a panic? Seriously it used to be nice to scroll through from time to time, but even "window shopping" has become annoying to say the least. I know it's hard to find even basic stuff online right now, but it does happen. Even local pawn shops have better deals than what I'm seeing on here. Perhaps I'm the A-hole here? Does anyone agree/disagree? What are your thoughts? I personally would wait a week or 2 and get these same guns I've mentioned at a regular price online than be taken advantage of by the "gun community".

I understand and know whats going on, but you can still find decent ar15s that are not 2x the price just because "they are hard to find", unless again, they are people selling them on here. Thats my whole point. Ammo has gone up, but I still see regular priced firearms online, though they may not be in stock at all times, atleast every few days I see them in stock for a couple hours. Sign up for notifications on some sites if you don't believe me.

I understand and know whats going on, but you can still find decent ar15s that are not 2x the price just because "they are hard to find", unless again, they are people selling them on here. Thats my whole point. Ammo has gone up, but I still see regular priced firearms online, though they may not be in stock at all times, atleast every few days I see them in stock for a couple hours. Sign up for notifications on some sites if you don't believe me.
Guns have leveled out, ammo is now the hot item.

Guns have leveled out, ammo is now the hot item.
Oh I know lol. I have plenty off 556 and a survivable amount of 9mm. But I definitely have not seen gun prices level out to a degree, not every one is doing this, but more than just the normal few are. Again, some of these brands are not that much brand new, so why are people selling them for 2-500$ more than what they are worth, and, is anyone seriously buying them at these prices?
Plus, I have not seen this same phenomenon in handguns. Actually I've mostly seen it happening with ar15s even when it comes to rifles.

Back
Top Bottom