• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

Starting back on brass prep for 2200 cases of .223. I lubed half, swaged and sized about 100. Ive decided I need to speed the misery of brass prep up. I ordered the rt1500 trimmer. This will allow me to size, swage and trim in one touch. Anyone have one and do I still chamfer and debur?
View attachment 3221824 View attachment 3221825
I just finished up about 15,000 with a 1500, I didn’t debut,I’ve loaded about 1,800 of them, what I did do with my Dillon 1500, was not set the trimmer right and messed up the blade... I did it right off the bat! Then had to wait for a new blade to come in the mail, so make sure your set up is correct

I just finished up about 15,000 with a 1500, I didn’t debut,I’ve loaded about 1,800 of them, what I did do with my Dillon 1500, was not set the trimmer right and messed up the blade... I did it right off the bat! Then had to wait for a new blade to come in the mail, so make sure your set up is correct

Was it set to low and cutting against the die?

I’m done with .223 for a while. I just started using it for .300BO. I ordered 4 extra blades just in case lol! No issues so far and man I love this trimmer! I chamfer and deburr on Frankford Arsenal case prep machine.

Hunterrs Hunterrs Well if this review on Midway is even remotely true.. I don't think you'll regret buying 500!

"ABSOLUTELY PERFECT Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Submitted 2 months ago
By SMITTY
From North Carolina

Outstanding bullet for my Tikka TX3. Loaded the Sierra Tipped Gameking (140 grain) in 6.5 Creedmoor. Staball 6.5 powder (43.0 grains) Federal GM210M primers, Winchester cases trimmed to 1.910. Played with the seating depth and found C.O.A.L. of 2.884 to be the sweet spot. This load produced a 3 shot group measuring .215 ctc. My brother's Tikka produced the same results using H4350."

There are even some amazing hunting related ones. a BC of .563 is getting up there with the absolute best a .308 can do without spending $1.40 a bullet. I hope you get em' dialed in and get a chance to harvest some game with them this fall.

I’m done with .223 for a while. I just started using it for .300BO. I ordered 4 extra blades just in case lol! No issues so far and man I love this trimmer! I chamfer and deburr on Frankford Arsenal case prep machine.

the Dillon videos say if you tumble after you trim, you don’t have to chamfer and debur. I have tried it on 223 and converted 300 aac and it seems to work. I am wet tumbling though.

the Dillon videos say if you tumble after you trim, you don’t have to chamfer and debur. I have tried it on 223 and converted 300 aac and it seems to work. I am wet tumbling though.
About your blackout rounds, I have a really lot of 223 brass that could be cut for the black out, if anyone needs some brass, it’s all tumbled deprived sized and trimmed, I’m guessing I have 3 five gallon buckets like that

I bought a wet tumbler as I’ve read the same. I have yet to try it, but I think this next batch I will give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom