• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

I sized and trimmed some 6.5 creedmore today. Someone on here gave us a heads up on die sets available from midway a couple of months ago and I picked one up. They are the Lee ultimate die set. I usually buy RCBS, but these Lee dies are really nice.
4D4DFDA3-4583-4727-AF34-305EDED5FB95.jpeg

Done with 969 7.6Pews and 962 147gr Subs (Shown the other Day)

View attachment 3299520
A few things to mention, the RCBS Quick change powder drop on the Hornady Case Activated linkage is freakin` awesome! Every charge I checked was dead on.. Also I'm using some old skool Lee 7.62x39 Dies, the ones that came in the cylinder die case, I got them from someone on here a few years back for like $20 mailed if I recall correctly.. they had really bad surface rust which I cleaned off with a good soak and wire brush.. The damn things turn out loaded ammo that my Sinclair Concentrically gauge can't find a variation in literally almost every round. The bullet seater is dead on (so long as the projectile variations aren't that great, the PPU PSP's suck..), I'm just stoked that such old and seemingly crappy looking dies turn out amazing ammo.
View attachment 3299565

This is now 4 of the 5 boxes (probably 15,000+ pieces) of brass from American Reloading.. All primed .223/5.56. It's insane how so many of them are literally tiny cosmetic dents here or there. A lot of them actually fully case gauge. Last box should be in tomorrow. Gotta go through and get all of the actual scrap, deprime them, sort for bad case necks for converting, and of course any 300blk that is already made and see if it is any good. This is going to be an insane amount of work, but I look forward to it.. In the end I should get all of the primers for free, all of the brass I can want, and money in my pocket.
View attachment 3299533
Oh and the carpet.. it's already F***ed.. It's a rental, 7yrs. Landlord is selling it and I'm out Sept. 1st.

Good God you’ve got your hands full with all that brass!!!!!!! The day you’re done will be mighty satisfying!!

I loaded some 6.5 creedmore and went to the range today.

Are those Sierra #4340's? 140gr TMK's? Also what barrel length, twist, and action are you shooting them out of? As time goes on I keep looking at the 6.5 and thinking about it :) When I do though it'll most likely be a bolt gun that's 1:7" 24-28".. To stabilize the crazy high BC offerings.

I was at 50 yards when I shot those. Just trying to get in The ballpark before I dial it all the way in.

The bullets are 140 grain tipped game king. The rifle is a Tikka T3X. Twist is 1:8. Barrel length is 24.3. It is a hunting rifle. I hope the bullets work, I had to buy 500 of them.

Attachments

• 13E7D47B-03FA-4A4B-808A-A27D06A53D74.jpeg
    13E7D47B-03FA-4A4B-808A-A27D06A53D74.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom