• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

In the midst of all this craziness I bought a pair of .44 Magnum Ruger Vaquero’s (older style).
I didn’t have a single round to feed either of them, so I started reloading another caliber.
I’d forgotten how much fun it is to load something new!

Made these 2 loads for a test.
Those 1,400fps with H110 are the fastest handgun round I’ve ever made.
I don’t think they’ll be much fun to shoot, but I’m certain they’ll make good self defense rounds. (Not that I bought these guns for self defense. It just seems to me you should have some SD ammo for every gun....)
View attachment 3139704
those loads with h110 will be some good thumpers. I load all my 44 mag with either h110 or alliant 2400(load I prefer).

Don't forget your ruger can withstand a stronger load for a little extra firepower.

those loads with h110 will be some good thumpers. I load all my 44 mag with either h110 or alliant 2400(load I prefer).

Don't forget your ruger can withstand a stronger load for a little extra firepower.

Yes, I was fortunate to end up with two of the older style, with the thicker cylinder walls.
I plan on shooting specials most of the time, but that brass is harder to find right now....

Yes, I was fortunate to end up with two of the older style, with the thicker cylinder walls.
I plan on shooting specials most of the time, but that brass is harder to find right now....
I don't shoot my super blackhawk much anymore just because of the heavy loads I told myself "you'll take a deer with it or with your 44 mag contender"

Reloaded for the first time today.

9mm 124 gr fmj with 5.2 gr of Acc #5. I fired a few out of my notaglock to see how they cycled and will put the rest on paper tomorrow afternoon. Loaded with an old Lyman Tmag. This was an earlier pic of my setup, I’ve since mounted and added a few things.
84E127D5-FF6A-4E53-B25F-761CD563A490.jpeg
278B697D-0471-4E38-891B-3492C0EF17E9.jpeg

I’m at the point I need to go to the outdoor range for testing. I did pick up 1700 primers and a crimping die today. All my .223 brass has been processed and primed. Using a new to me powder and bullet.

Back
Top Bottom