• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

A snack for the Trashrod

100 rds 7.62x54R
PPU Brass with Speer #2223 RNSP 180gr over IMR 4064

1710814623999.png

some new 45-70 loads (couple of different weights of 3031, and a light load of N320 to test), some 300 blackout (220gr Berry's with H110 and 1680), and some 5.56 (RamShot TAC M193 loads). Time to hit the indoor range for function testing, then the outdoor range with my old chronograph for some velocity testing.

Anyone have a Garmin they want to rent? :)

some new 45-70 loads (couple of different weights of 3031, and a light load of N320 to test), some 300 blackout (220gr Berry's with H110 and 1680), and some 5.56 (RamShot TAC M193 loads). Time to hit the indoor range for function testing, then the outdoor range with my old chronograph for some velocity testing.

Anyone have a Garmin they want to rent? :)

I built some subsonic 300 BLK with some 265gr Hi-Tek coated boolits over 1680. I was really impressed with the consistency that the powder can be metered, but the suckas wouldn't feed reliably in my AR, which is a shame, although they shot really well from a bolt gun I have.

I might have another attempt by seating the bullets deeper and working up a new ladder, but I'm getting near to case-filled territory. I'd really like to get a working load for those thumpers.

I'd lend you my Garmin - if I had one :)

I built some subsonic 300 BLK with some 265gr Hi-Tek coated boolits over 1680. I was really impressed with the consistency that the powder can be metered, but the suckas wouldn't feed reliably in my AR, which is a shame, although they shot really well from a bolt gun I have.

I might have another attempt by seating the bullets deeper and working up a new ladder, but I'm getting near to case-filled territory. I'd really like to get a working load for those thumpers.

I'd lend you my Garmin - if I had one :)
I was having issues with the bolt not locking back on the last round on the 300BO rounds, even with some hotter loads (still subsonic). Finally figured out that it was a knock off BAD lever I had on the lower that was causing the issue.:doh: Back to the drawing board. I've got some 1680 and CFE black loads to try, as well as Shooters World Blackout and some H110, all with Berry's 220gr.

I should start casting soon and have an NOE 247gr mold, and will powder coat those, but wanted something to play with until I get set up for casting and coating (I have everything, just need some time to do some trial runs).

Back
Top Bottom