• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what have you done to prep 3/2021

I hear ya, squirrels and dumplings are a favorite of mine....

Rabbits are just like other livestock, If you are feeding them out of a feed sack then you are better off eating the feed. I tried unsuccessfully to pasture rabbits and eventually gave up. I tried with a pretty hardy breed called a Silver Fox but it was just too much trouble. Goats and chickens are the only livestock that can be cheaply pastured on small acreage

So, being into self sufficiency for a while, growing up on both farm and in city, I feel like I have a pretty good knowledge of "doomsday" scenarios.
Now that I own a home on 5 acre, I've started my own step by step process.
I'm interested to hear REAL ideas from fellow preppers (not the ill just shoot dear and rabbits the rest of my life guys)
Gardens and farming is great long term, and most food storage is great short term, I'm interested to see what others have come up with for the first 2 years of "doomsday"

Build a nice big garden, soil prep is everything. Build it way bigger than you need. A root cellar that can double a storm cellar would be big huge plus if you can swing it.
Pay attention to items that you would not be able to get but need very much. SALT, Iodine, Chlorine (unscented Clorox) for water treatment if needed. These things are cheap but worth thier weight in gold when you need them. One of the hardest nutritional requirements to meet in a sustenance existence is FAT. In the old days everybody had lard hogs.

I bought space on the mother ship. You guys fight it out over the dwindling resources left on earth. The pollution and fall out from the wars will take care of any gardens or mammals on your food list.

I bought space on the mother ship. You guys fight it out over the dwindling resources left on earth. The pollution and fall out from the wars will take care of any gardens or mammals on your food list.

In for the dose and dealer for your "ticket" to the mother ship. It's gotta be something good to get you that high.

:hat:

That or you know a feller name Elon.

Cashed out my entire investment holdings account to buy all of my favorite guns, ammo, completed builds, and toys. Why you may ask... Because you only live once and it’s my life. Take that... Murcia!!! Lol. But seriously though. Stock piling on various ammunition calibers, dry food ready to eat and bulking up on my water filtration system.

Cashed out my entire investment holdings account to buy all of my favorite guns, ammo, completed builds, and toys. Why you may ask... Because you only live once and it’s my life. Take that... Murcia!!! Lol. But seriously though. Stock piling on various ammunition calibers, dry food ready to eat and bulking up on my water filtration system.

And you're doing this while ammo/guns are at inflated prices?!?

Enjoy your toy's while you're young, once you're old and need that money to pay the taxes, healthcare bills, power & food...you'll wish you kept that money invested.

But hey, you can always join the growing group of people living off the government....I guess that's something to look forward to, Murcia!!!

Back
Top Bottom