• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you been reading?

15622408_10210727481838223_5169753331453610790_n.jpg

Harry Turtledove ( Dropping BOMBS)

I was really surprised that as a D@^& Yankee I actually liked how "Guns of the South" ended. Turtledove is a really good author but I just looked him up and found he has a whole bunch of alternate history stuff, including a sequel to GotS. Thanks for bringing him back to mind.

I didn't even know he had a new-ish book out. I've read everything he's done back to 'The Big U'... he's an amazing writer. I have to admit that I think 'A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer' is one of the top 10 books I've ever read in my life and Snow Crash was way ahead of it's time.
He's one of my favorite authors. Cryptonomicon is my favorite of his novels, but Seven Eves is very good too. I agree with you on Snow Crash. Stephenson just keeps getting better and better.

I just finished Sullenberger's Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters. It's a quick and easy read, but it's still a powerful story. It's not just about the Hudson landing either. It's about everything that came before and his personal convictions.

Reading Another Mans War. Guy goes to Africa to do some missionary roofing work and sees first hand the LRA attacking villages, slaughtering the adults and enslaving the children. He ends up picking up his own AK, forming a small force and fighting against them for over 10 years. True story.

Back
Top Bottom