• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to the work force?

1099 or W-2 ?
Local or gone for weeks/months at a time ?
Reefer madness or drop and hook ?
Flatbed ?
Haz mat and TWIC ?

Edited to add:
Just saw the pic ,
The driver also has to operate the
badger ? Or whatever they call those things ?

yellow/roadway is now operating their own CDL school and paying $80-100k for the linehaul drivers pulling doubles between terminals at night.
Only gone two or three nights a week and YRC pays for a motel room, don’t have to sleep in the truck and listen to your dispatcher complain that you let it idle too much because you wanted the AC and heat.

If the CDL drivers are smart, that’s where they are all going .
Home every night...comes with an operator..mostly Monday through Thursday work around town here

If your able to stay on post, if recommend it if your actually working on HAAF. The gate issues can be a bare in the AM. I left Friday morning to come home for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks I’m only there for one day.
Then gotta go work at a leaky gas station in Bloomingdale .

Oh yeah and it will continue. Doesn’t mean it will work, but they can try. I expect in the future to have cashless stores. You walk in, grab what you want and walk out. It then charges your phone/app for what you want. No employees at all. They are already doing that in Japan and China.

Amazon has cashless/no check out stores now. Expect all the whole foods to be that way soon. Walmart going to use drones to deliver, no need for delivery drivers, drone pilots will be the next growth job. Amazon/Walmart/Walgreen/etc are all investing heavily in automation in the distribution centers. Any way to get rid of people, and make the ones you have more productive is the name of the game.

Back
Top Bottom