• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to the work force?

What would you purpose to eliminate the sponging and getting folks back to “work”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Companies need to start offering a living wage. If these corporations think $32K a year gross ($15/hr) is a living wage, they need to reevaluate the cost of living in the area they are hiring. In most city's that is borderline if not below the poverty level.

Companies need to start offering a living wage. If these corporations think $32K a year gross ($15/hr) is a living wage, they need to reevaluate the cost of living in the area they are hiring. In most city's that is borderline if not below the poverty level.

Now let’s look at this a little more closely- it’s a “minimum wage” for a reason. There are too many folks comfortable with a minimum wage to get by instead of going forth and doing better for themselves.

The power of choice comes into play here. What do folks choose to do with their lives? You can choose to be whatever you want in AMERICA. It’s how you go about ending up at the goal you set to get there.

There are any options in live for folks.
• college, can’t afford it, there’s always student loans.
• Military- will pay for your college as enlisted personnel or will do student loan forgiveness- check with your local recruiter to find out more about student loan forgiveness.
• Trade school- many ways to go about a getting funds to attend a Trade school.
• Grit and determination to succeed in life and get out of your environment.
• etc.....

I for one didn’t have the money to go in college after HS, so I went into the Army as many do. The Army paid for my college up to the Masters level.

I’m down for it if the economy supports the increase in wage however to arbitrarily throw it out there as a raise across the board is absolutely absurd. If folks want a decent living do something to market yourself and apply for the positions you believe your worth.

If you’re “Chocky Milk girl” or a version of why should hard working tax payers pay their way?

Most of these morons that want this smarties in “Minimum wage” are comfortable staying at that and Not progressing in life.

What say you?

This is a good conversation I hope there is a reply or replies.

Interesting to read all of the opinions on the workforce. Prior to Covid the conversation was about people working full time jobs and still living in poverty due to low wages and the high cost of living. Now there is all of this dribble about people being lazy and accepting handouts / stimmy checks from the government instead of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps and willing themselves out of poverty like the members of the ODT nation have done !

Interesting to read all of the opinions on the workforce. Prior to Covid the conversation was about people working full time jobs and still living in poverty due to low wages and the high cost of living. Now there is all of this dribble about people being lazy and accepting handouts / stimmy checks from the government instead of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps and willing themselves out of poverty like the members of the ODT nation have done !

And you throw this out here for folks to read, what are your thoughts?

Is your employer hiring? I’d be curious to know weather or not he or she can or cant keep employees on staff. I’d also be interested to know is he or she is or is not able to retain the workforce that’s currently employed and if not able to keep, why- what is the rational conveyed to the employer as to why they are leaving?

Inquiring minds want to know. I am currently on HAAF this week and just driving around on and off post there are hiring signs everywhere… Literally everywhere….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now let’s look at this a little more closely- it’s a “minimum wage” for a reason. There are too many folks comfortable with a minimum wage to get by instead of going forth and doing better for themselves.

I agree, so let them them. Some jobs just require pencil sharpeners, and if that is all a person aspires to be, so be it. Unfortunately at the current level that minimum wage is at, it's not even worth for them to get out of bed in the morning. Specially since most of those positions are part-time, with weird schedules and the hours are not guaranteed.

I get it, those minimum wage jobs are for those just entering the workforce, normally your 16 to 20 year old's. Unfortunately most employers use it as a base, to tier their pay for their more skilled entry positions.

You proberly speaking about 95% of the population.

That’s what you came with?????

Let’s not throw arbitrary statements out there, back them (your statements) up with numbers from 3 different sites 2 of witch corroborate one another…

This shouldn’t be to hard for you to back up these numbers.

Cost of living site- https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/cost-of-living-index-by-state

21890f1786708965ceca69d118569534.jpg

There are many sites one can use or go to for information however, this one came up pretty quickly after a google search.

Does the map above correlate to the map below?

e37679223ec272649a79ee07860bea2f.jpg

https://images.app.goo.gl/GHmYFD6atPaTLn9t7

If the answer is no—- well ok

If the answer I’d maybe- there’s hope for a honest discussion.

If the answer is yes, there an open mind going into what could be a great discussion for all.

At the end of the day, the question is what do you (anyone) bring to the table for the organization to justify them to pay you more? If your answer is, https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdrRpaJf/ & we should be paid 50 an hour to sit on our butts to do nothing…. There is a fundamental disconnect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom