• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to all the coronavirus denier threads?

This crap is overblown BS. Media driven hysteria to help crash the economy in order to oust Trump.
But Trump is on board with it? Is this some kind of 4d chess? Cause he's literally on the news daily talking about how bad it is, and pumping trillions in to the market to keep it afloat, asking for billions in stimulus money to help the economy, etc. People keep saying "it's a media hoax" but that's so old news now. Unless you think Trump drank the koolaid too?

4d chess, when Trump tries to oust himself. :lol:

I can't believe people are still posting this. The mortality rates are nowhere close. Yes, more people have gotten and died from the flu. But the mortality rate is still something like .1%. Not 1%, .1%. Right now in Italy the mortality rate is around 10%. That's a staggering mortality rate for a virus. Right now in Georgia, based on known cases and deaths, we're at 4% which is still staggering. The Spanish Flu for reference was 2%.

So what does all this mean? If coronavirus gets out of control and manages to infect as many people as the normal flu does every year, we'll have millions of dead Americans.

Math would go a long way for a lot of members here. :noidea:

Being as 79% of the "victims" are asymptomatic, and being as there are not neatly enough test kits to go around and establish a baseline of infected individuals, there is no way to establish a valid mortality rate.

The mortality rate will decline as more people are tested, and come back positive.

I can't believe people are still posting this. The mortality rates are nowhere close. Yes, more people have gotten and died from the flu. But the mortality rate is still something like .1%. Not 1%, .1%. Right now in Italy the mortality rate is around 10%. That's a staggering mortality rate for a virus. Right now in Georgia, based on known cases and deaths, we're at 4% which is still staggering. The Spanish Flu for reference was 2%.

So what does all this mean? If coronavirus gets out of control and manages to infect as many people as the normal flu does every year, we'll have millions of dead Americans.

Math would go a long way for a lot of members here. :noidea:

sorry brother but the math to that is 440,000 people there’s not that many cases in the world. Just saying.
Cooter69

I believe one aspect many overlook is the medical care required for this virus is on top of existing forecasted medical care. I'm all for privatized health care. One consideration for privatized health care is profitability. This means across the entire supply chain of medical care (supplies, beds, ICU's, doctors, nurses, first responders) you have to meet forecasted demand, with some surge capacity, and still remain profitable. Call it lean logistics.

We've built up resistance to some strains and there are vaccines available. However, COVID-19 is a totally new animal.

There are 5,803,000 people in the metro Atlanta area. Let's assume one in ten catch COVID-19 each month for the next six months. Assume best case 1.3% (US) fatality rate and worst case 4% (Georgia) fatality rate.

5,803,000 x 10% x 1.3% x 6 months
5,803,000 x 10% x 4% x 6 months

45,263 and 139,272 deaths in the metro Atlanta area in the next six months. It's just a quick napkin analysis. But I think you have to start somewhere.
Your death rate is total BS. It's more like 0.7% of all people maybe lower.

Your death rate is total BS. It's more like 0.7% of all people maybe lower.

Here's where I got the data. You calculate fatality rates. You do the math.

Screenshot_20200323-181546_News Break.jpg
Screenshot_20200323-181632_News Break.jpg

Being as 79% of the "victims" are asymptomatic, and being as there are not neatly enough test kits to go around and establish a baseline of infected individuals, there is no way to establish a valid mortality rate.

The mortality rate will decline as more people are tested, and come back positive.
You are right, it's only a flu. Wuhan Flu, no big deal, they are just trying to throw off the election. It's going to backfire bigtime...

Back
Top Bottom