• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What happened to all the coronavirus denier threads?

I can't believe people are still posting this. The mortality rates are nowhere close. Yes, more people have gotten and died from the flu. But the mortality rate is still something like .1%. Not 1%, .1%. Right now in Italy the mortality rate is around 10%. That's a staggering mortality rate for a virus. Right now in Georgia, based on known cases and deaths, we're at 4% which is still staggering. The Spanish Flu for reference was 2%.

So what does all this mean? If coronavirus gets out of control and manages to infect as many people as the normal flu does every year, we'll have millions of dead Americans.

Math would go a long way for a lot of members here. :noidea:
in the end we knew how many were infected right now there are a lot of unknown,yes it is highly infectious but to what degree we do not know,the number one most infectious disease and deadliest is TB

I can't believe people are still posting this. The mortality rates are nowhere close. Yes, more people have gotten and died from the flu. But the mortality rate is still something like .1%. Not 1%, .1%. Right now in Italy the mortality rate is around 10%. That's a staggering mortality rate for a virus. Right now in Georgia, based on known cases and deaths, we're at 4% which is still staggering. The Spanish Flu for reference was 2%.

So what does all this mean? If coronavirus gets out of control and manages to infect as many people as the normal flu does every year, we'll have millions of dead Americans.

Math would go a long way for a lot of members here. :noidea:
Yes math would go a long way. So would less hyperbole. "Millions of dead Americans"? Maybe.
35.5m infected last year. At the current 1.3% mortality rate that's under 500k. Even at 4% it is 1.4m.
And of course those rates are inflated since they don't include the countless that are asymptomatic or mild and simply recover without being tested.
This "might" kill everyone of us. If it doesn't, it won't be for a lack of apparent anticipation.

They are all tied up at their "flat earth" monthly meeting.

They may be late to respond because right after that there is a "moon landing was faked" meeting followed by a "CIA actually took down the twin towers" meeting.

After that, they are trying to reestablish their old Militia and sit around and talk about how Trump isn't a true conservative and all this virus stuff is just a way to take away our rights like Trump did with bump stocks.

they will be back. they are pretty stubborn.

in the end we knew how many were infected right now there are a lot of unknown,yes it is highly infectious but to what degree we do not know,the number one most infectious disease and deadliest is TB
That's what I think most of us agree with. It's still too early to tell. This could be going on another few months. Then we'll know the true numbers. But as of right now with what we know, it's many times deadlier than the regular flu. Based off of the numbers we do have now. Maybe it'll go down, could go up too. Who knows?

That's what I think most of us agree with. It's still too early to tell. This could be going on another few months. Then we'll know the true numbers. But as of right now with what we know, it's many times deadlier than the regular flu. Based off of the numbers we do have now. Maybe it'll go down, could go up too. Who knows?
exactly the unknown is scaring people and i honestly don't think we are being told the truth about what this really is,china doesn't give a **** if x number of people die from the flu but when they locked down a city of 11 million they knew they ****ed up...

with 22,000 dead from regular flu this year, I wonder if they'd have rather died from Corona ? Or the 500 that have died from Corona would have rather died from regular flu? I know I'm not rooting for either one . Just watching the numbers and hoping our Country can make it through this. People are surviving (whether the media hides it or not) so I think we'll make it physically but financially is whole other beast .

Yes math would go a long way. So would less hyperbole. "Millions of dead Americans"? Maybe.
35.5m infected last year. At the current 1.3% mortality rate that's under 500k. Even at 4% it is 1.4m.
And of course those rates are inflated since they don't include the countless that are asymptomatic or mild and simply recover without being tested.
This "might" kill everyone of us. If it doesn't, it won't be for a lack of apparent anticipation.
But the worldwide mortality rate is at 4.37% right now, your number is accurate for the US so far, but we're still weeks behind other countries. Current numbers worldwide are 372634 cases, 16314 deaths. That's 4.37% mortality rate. Even if the final numbers were 1.3% on the low end or 4% on the high end, wouldn't you agree that's much worse than just the normal flu? Flu deaths in the US are normally under 60k a year. If 500k-1.4 million end up dying from this in the US alone, you can't possibly say it's not worse than the flu. Like many other folks here are saying. I never said it would kill us all, just trying to explain to the "it's just a flu" folks that the normal flu doesn't have that high of a mortality rate. :noidea:

They are all tied up at their "flat earth" monthly meeting.

They may be late to respond because right after that there is a "moon landing was faked" meeting followed by a "CIA actually took down the twin towers" meeting.

After that, they are trying to reestablish their old Militia and sit around and talk about how Trump isn't a true conservative and all this virus stuff is just a way to take away our rights like Trump did with bump stocks.

they will be back. they are pretty stubborn.

the moon landing wasn't faked, but the footage was directed by Kubrick. Couldn't let the peoples see what we really found. gnome saying?

But the worldwide mortality rate is at 4.37% right now, your number is accurate for the US so far, but we're still weeks behind other countries. Current numbers worldwide are 372634 cases, 16314 deaths. That's 4.37% mortality rate. Even if the final numbers were 1.3% on the low end or 4% on the high end, wouldn't you agree that's much worse than just the normal flu? Flu deaths in the US are normally under 60k a year. If 500k-1.4 million end up dying from this in the US alone, you can't possibly say it's not worse than the flu. Like many other folks here are saying. I never said it would kill us all, just trying to explain to the "it's just a flu" folks that the normal flu doesn't have that high of a mortality rate. :noidea:
Do you believe the U.S. is "average" in health care? It is (apparently) more contagious than the "regular" flu (perhaps by a factor of 3). It is (apparently) more deadly by a factor of..? Yet to be seen. I feel we've reached the "if it'll save but one life" point with some of these measures. That's is then a completely different kind of dangerous...

Back
Top Bottom