• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What does your word mean anymore?

cwy

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
42   0
Reaction score
Is it just me or do people just not care what commit to anymore? I was raised with the attitude that you are judged by your word. If I tell you that I’m going to do something then you can count on me doing what I say. I’ve had a couple guys on here recently that have made me an offer that I have accepted and then say “ Sorry, I’ll have to pass”. Why make an offer if you have no intentions on following through with the deal. Sorry for the rant, just tired of BS that some people on here are throwing around.

hairless cats, Thats being very kind to the worthless P'sOS
When they do that, I respond with this, no words, just this picture.
A8916C1A-812E-428A-B47B-9702589F9703.jpeg

Is it just me or do people just not care what commit to anymore? I was raised with the attitude that you are judged by your word. If I tell you that I’m going to do something then you can count on me doing what I say. I’ve had a couple guys on here recently that have made me an offer that I have accepted and then say “ Sorry, I’ll have to pass”. Why make an offer if you have no intentions on following through with the deal. Sorry for the rant, just tired of BS that some people on here are throwing around.
Same exact problem I had tonight as well!!! Total bullsh@t

Wife said no!!!

It used to mean something. One time when I was in the military. (1980 RAF Mildenhall England) I was looking to buy a car. I met with another guy in the military and we agreed on a price and shook on it.

I spent the next week calling and leaving messages and this guy wasn't to be found. So I went shopping and bought another car.

After I bought a car. The first guy gets back with me saying, "but dude, we shook on it". Like I was the bad guy for having backed out of the deal. When he had evaporated and couldn't be found.

One of the things that gets me is. Someone offers xyz for sale. I send a PM saying I'm interested if they'll mail it to me. I'll pay shipping. (not a firearm or hazmat)

I am currently in Tucson AZ and I can have Delta community credit union mail you a bank check. You can either cash it at Delta community credit union or call Delta community credit union and verify it's a good check, or wait till it clears and mail it.

crickets....

Back
Top Bottom