• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What does your fitness routine look like?

Gym every morning before work. Some weeks weights, some cardio. Play racquetball when I can actually get someone to show up that early. Somtime's on the weekends take the dog hiking at either rock hawk or heritage park with my pack on, would probably do more if I had someone in my area equally motivated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The world is your gym. Since this thread is fresh on my mind, i will share my "routine" i did today. I say "routine" because i was gonna do my workout at home with my set up but kiddos wanted to go to the park. So....went to park for kids and i worked out while there so i still got my pump on!. Can u get a good workout at the playground? Absolutely. What i just finished up is as follows.

Went to swing set. The swings hang from about 10 feet high so i got beneath it, did one air squat then jumped and grabbed the rod the swings hang from (that alone is a good explosive move) and do a 1 chin up. Then drop and do 1 pushup. Then i repeat with air squat, pull up, drop and push up. Did that 101 consecutive reps. Then placed feet on park bench for inverted pushups. Did 60 of those and then just pull ups alone on the swing rod again. This time fingers interlocked and pulled up side to side of the rod. Then did sprints in the field next to playground back and forth to burn out. Overall got a good pump. Needless to say, you can workout anywhere, anytime. Start small if needed and just go from there. Its good to encorporate explosive moves. Things that can potentially save your life or loved ones. Mobility =survivability. Always push yourself! Train hard, train smart!!

The world is your gym. Since this thread is fresh on my mind, i will share my "routine" i did today. I say "routine" because i was gonna do my workout at home with my set up but kiddos wanted to go to the park. So....went to park for kids and i worked out while there so i still got my pump on!. Can u get a good workout at the playground? Absolutely. What i just finished up is as follows.

Went to swing set. The swings hang from about 10 feet high so i got beneath it, did one air squat then jumped and grabbed the rod the swings hang from (that alone is a good explosive move) and do a 1 chin up. Then drop and do 1 pushup. Then i repeat with air squat, pull up, drop and push up. Did that 101 consecutive reps. Then placed feet on park bench for inverted pushups. Did 60 of those and then just pull ups alone on the swing rod again. This time fingers interlocked and pulled up side to side of the rod. Then did sprints in the field next to playground back and forth to burn out. Overall got a good pump. Needless to say, you can workout anywhere, anytime. Start small if needed and just go from there. Its good to encorporate explosive moves. Things that can potentially save your life or loved ones. Mobility =survivability. Always push yourself! Train hard, train smart!!

Oh, and this was all done with all my edc gear on me (which is quite a bit). Make sure you can maneuver in your gear

I'm pretty much with you. Been lifting for decades at this point and still going fairly heavy but have adjusted to doing some conditioning type stuff. Mostly adding more reps for leg days. I try, but don't always succeed to take a 1.5 mile walk up the road and back 1-2 days a week with the level IV plate carrier on which I believe weighs around 20 lbs. and a sidearm. I'd tote an AR too but I walk past an elementary school so I can just imagine the panic! Always hated running and was never well adapted to it. We ran a timed 1.5 mile every week for football in high school and when it started I hated it, felt like passing out when it was done. By the end of the season I just plain hated it but was only sucking wind! lol I just try to keep a good constant pace with the walk, nothing leisurely but not a psuedo-run either. My focus is and has always been on strength with some minor stamina. Also knocking on 50's door but refuse to accept that its a limitation. :D Used to compete in powerlifting and still feel like I could get the poundage up there if I trained for it but focusing on higher reps for a while so I can carry some weight for distance if I needed to.

Word of advice pushing 50, high reps to exhaustion for strength training, get your ass in good cardio shape. Pushing heavy weight like we used to ain’t going to fix the insides. Clean eating and stay lean and mean!!

Word of advice pushing 50, high reps to exhaustion for strength training, get your ass in good cardio shape. Pushing heavy weight like we used to ain’t going to fix the insides. Clean eating and stay lean and mean!!
I eat decent-won't say I'm a "clean" eater by any stretch, I eat pizza, hamburgers, pancakes etc. but that's not every day. Chicken is a regular meat protein and even beans and rice meals. Sugar is definitely too prevalent in my diet though, especially during this time of year! I cook most of our meals, make my own bread, have a garden in summer, fresh eggs every day and sodas are once a week at most. Fruits and/or veggies every day. A huge problem with some things people label as "bad" food (cheese, milk, pasta-even eggs) is often because they lead a sedentary lifestyle. Can't spend 8-10 hours a day behind a desk and a couple hours at night watching TV while you eat from a vending machine and constantly have high calorie/fat meals. Working out burns alot of those calories and utilizes fats that could otherwise cause issues. I could eat better for sure and am always trying, have to make it a lifestyle. Back in my early days of bodybuilding I shunned all things sugar, salt, fat etc but that can lead to binging and "overcorrecting" when you start to loosen the reigns! lol So now I simply try to balance things, keep active and expect as much out of the body as I can. I've managed to keep the same pant size for at least the last 10 years and that's only 4 inches bigger than what I graduated high school with so I must be doing something right! :becky:

I eat decent-won't say I'm a "clean" eater by any stretch, I eat pizza, hamburgers, pancakes etc. but that's not every day. Chicken is a regular meat protein and even beans and rice meals. Sugar is definitely too prevalent in my diet though, especially during this time of year! I cook most of our meals, make my own bread, have a garden in summer, fresh eggs every day and sodas are once a week at most. Fruits and/or veggies every day. A huge problem with some things people label as "bad" food (cheese, milk, pasta-even eggs) is often because they lead a sedentary lifestyle. Can't spend 8-10 hours a day behind a desk and a couple hours at night watching TV while you eat from a vending machine and constantly have high calorie/fat meals. Working out burns alot of those calories and utilizes fats that could otherwise cause issues. I could eat better for sure and am always trying, have to make it a lifestyle. Back in my early days of bodybuilding I shunned all things sugar, salt, fat etc but that can lead to binging and "overcorrecting" when you start to loosen the reigns! lol So now I simply try to balance things, keep active and expect as much out of the body as I can. I've managed to keep the same pant size for at least the last 10 years and that's only 4 inches bigger than what I graduated high school with so I must be doing something right! :becky:

As long as you get your checkups and the inside is good, you’re good! Sounds like you’ve been doing a fine job most of your whole life!

Back
Top Bottom