• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you rub on your butt?

We've been using Bad Byrons butt rub for years but I always pour it out in a bowl and add brown sugar to it.
Gives pork just a faint sweet taste, not much, just a little. Try it, you'll thank me later.......and don''t wrap it in foil either.......it's defeating the purpose of smoking!

I've never had to wrap Boston Butt in foil. I would think it would ruin the bark if you used the "Texas Crutch" method (last few hours). Just smoke it until you hit 195° internal and it should be tender and juicy.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Not sure what you have on hand friend but I like to rub mine with spicy mustard then a light coating of Bad Byron’s Butt Rub on all sides. mesquite wood chips and lump coal in the BGE.

dang now i’m hungry

View attachment 2727312

All day! Bad Byrons is awesome. I also use Mrs Rubins Black Magic in a pinch. I always use hickory but applewood sounds nice.
*Edit, shuck some corn and wrap it in foil with some butter and bad byrons sprinkled in. Throw that on until done. Its awesome.

I'll fifth or sixth or wherever we are at on Bad Byron's butt rub. I smoke multiple butts at least every other week and its my go to! If I wanna treat myself, I'll use Meat Church Honey Hog Hot but tough to beat Bad Byron's for the price

Back
Top Bottom