• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you rub on your butt?

Getting close to done
20200723_170312.jpg

Olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic's, minced onion. I use this on my standing rib roast and it's divine. Mix marinade and let sit in frig overnight. The longer the better. The take out and let stand until the next is at room temp. Cook and enjoy smacking your lips.

I pick up a Boston butt today and it's been awhile since I smoked a butt. Currently soaking in beer and I'm looking for suggestions on how to season. I want to use what's in the spice drawer, I have a pretty good variety of both individual and ready made like Tony Chachere's. What do the ODT smokers have to suggest?
What I rub on my butt? Well, I once tried a picture of Xiden, but it made my butt black from the ink....

I pick up a Boston butt today and it's been awhile since I smoked a butt. Currently soaking in beer and I'm looking for suggestions on how to season. I want to use what's in the spice drawer, I have a pretty good variety of both individual and ready made like Tony Chachere's. What do the ODT smokers have to suggest?
I make a mixture of salt black pepper garlic powder onion powder chili powder paprika and a little cayenne pepper. Rub the butt with mustard and coat the butt real thick with this mixture. Smoke at 250 until 180, wrap and cook til 205.

I make a mixture of salt black pepper garlic powder onion powder chili powder paprika and a little cayenne pepper. Rub the butt with mustard and coat the butt real thick with this mixture. Smoke at 250 until 180, wrap and cook til 205.
You got it figured out Bud. I smoked a butt last week with pecan chunks (mild….I’ll mix hickory in next time). But anyway, I found a hidden jewel at Ollie’s .$1.99 for a big shaker of bbq seasoning that everyone around here LOVES. All I added was a little brown sugar.
83D17E2E-321F-4D02-BAA2-D1B6979841A3.jpeg

You got it figured out Bud. I smoked a butt last week with pecan chunks (mild….I’ll mix hickory in next time). But anyway, I found a hidden jewel at Ollie’s .$1.99 for a big shaker of bbq seasoning that everyone around here LOVES. All I added was a little brown sugar. View attachment 3787681
Brown sugar and cayenne.

Back
Top Bottom