• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What do you find is the most difficult challenge in cooking?

My wife does most of the cooking, but I try to jump in and help when I can; my biggest problem is leaving a mess that rivals Katrina when I'm finished. But at least it always tastes good :noidea:

The more you cook,
The better you get!!!!
What the problem is......
20200515_174830.jpg

I am not such a good cook. My wife on the other hand is superb but her mind tells here 30 minutes and it takes 2.5 hours.

I did dine with a colleague and his wife several months ago near Toronto. His wife cooked one of the most spectacular meals I have ever eaten. She went to some culinary school (as a hobby).

Last comment, I once read where Cornelius Vanderbilt or some such person would have dinner parties a and instruct the kitchen to have soufflé dishes ready every 5 minutes until they were needed. Continuous cook and set aside always fresh.

I am not such a good cook. My wife on the other hand is superb but her mind tells here 30 minutes and it takes 2.5 hours.

I did dine with a colleague and his wife several months ago near Toronto. His wife cooked one of the most spectacular meals I have ever eaten. She went to some culinary school (as a hobby).

Last comment, I once read where Cornelius Vanderbilt or some such person would have dinner parties a and instruct the kitchen to have soufflé dishes ready every 5 minutes until they were needed. Continuous cook and set aside always fresh.[/QUOTE

I started at the College of Hard Knocks! At the tender age of maybe 6, my Mom asked me if I was hungry, Of course I sad yes and she slapped me on the back of the head and told me to go make a sandwich..

Biggest issue is adjusting portions for just the two of us most of the time. Having 2 teenage boy growing up, you cooked what you had and it magically disappeared. Now left overs seem to be common occurrence.

Chief Cook and Dishwasher here.
Wife unable to help anymore. I cook for family on Sundays (two grown worthless boys in the kitchen with no wives.)
Biggest headache for me is cleaning up. Always tired and energy level is not up for it anymore.
Like to smoke food but is a lot of work too.
I can't give a like on this but, I understand

Back
Top Bottom