• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What cigar have you been smoking lately?

I order all of mine online anyway but do appreciate personal service and reward as such.

I've been tipping really high during this whole period whenever we buy anything just because I appreciate the folks that are working.

Question for you guys, a local cigar shop I go to occasionally, has a lounge attached to it, and they use the same point of sale system. When buying cigars in the shop side, their receipts still print out with a tip field.

In yall's experience is this common? I've only been in a few shops and never seen that before, so I'm curious what the common etiquette is here. I usually throw a couple bucks on it because I feel bad not leaving anything, and if an employee helps me find what I need, or gives me good recommendations, then I absolutely leave a tip! But if I walk in and get what I need and don't interact with an employee at all till I'm except to pay, it feels odd leaving a tip right?

Do y'all see this often? I've only really started smoking cigars the last 6 months so I'm still pretty new. Last thing I want is to be acting like an @$$hole in a cigar shop out of ignorance!
I work in a shop with a lounge attached. Generally if an employee spends time with you beyond pointing out where your brand is you might want to tip. If you are going to smoke in the shop you are tipping for them cleaning up after you. We try to provide service to match our selection .

I work in a shop with a lounge attached. Generally if an employee spends time with you beyond pointing out where your brand is you might want to tip. If you are going to smoke in the shop you are tipping for them cleaning up after you. We try to provide service to match our selection .
That was sort of what I had expected. Unless I just walk in and buy what I need with no assistance I always leave a tip. But to Hayata Hayata 's point, I appreciate people working right now when so many people would rather stay home, so might be a good time to up my tip game. I spent a good bit of time in retail in my college and highshool years. I don't envy anyone in that profession, even if they are surrounded by cigars. Retail is tough.

Liked the first one I tried so much that when they got marked down from $280 to $98 on Holts, I couldn't resist. First box purchase ever y'all!

PXL_20211118_230953479.jpg
PXL_20211118_231030115.jpg

Cigars that I am looking to trade to try other cigars or sell.

Gurkha-29 cigars
125-11 cigars
Master select-4 cigars
Beauty- 2 cigars
Widow maker-2cigara
Vintage 200- 2 cigars
Titian- 2 cigars
Crest- 2 cigars
Centrurian-2cigars
Beast-2 cigars

Vegas 5- 4 cigar

Graycliff G2- 9 cigars