What can I do? Barrel is off a little!

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
So I bought a 2nd hand threaded barrel. I guess the maker of threaded barrel didn't have the newer blueprint of the handgun so the barrel is off a little. When I assemble the handgun, the recoil spring won't seat again the slide and barrel, the spring isn't long enough BY A MILLIMETER hair. So close that I can seat the spring in and carefully turn it over without it falling out, but if I shake it, it'll fall out. It fits in the gun fine, it shoots ok but I've noticed I've had some failure to eject on couple. Running suppressor, it has same problem, FTE.

With my original factory barrel, the spring seats perfectly, I have to compress the spring for it to seat in. SHoots FLAWLESSLY with the factory barrel so I know the recoil spring isn't the problem. I think since it doesn't have much retention with the threaded barrel, its not getting enough spring power. How can I fix this? Could I add some solder a little bit so it can catch some retention?

Not my gun but same gun. The yellow circle is where the they made the barrel just a tad longer/shorter where spring can't reach it.

Attachments

• disassembly-view-2.jpg
    disassembly-view-2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'd call the maker of the barrel and see what their suggestion is.

Thanks... I was thinking about putting a small amount of powdered acrylic on it to make up for the space lol but that won't last long.....

- - - Updated - - -

I even put both barrel up side by side and I could not see it with naked eye but when I try to fit the spring, it won't fit so I assume that very tiny part is off by a hair.

Yeah trying to grow metal is "an endeavor to persevere" trust me I know. Taking metal off is much easier. I would also contact the barrel maker and if they are aware of a model change may take your barrel in on exchange or are aware of a fix.

Yeah trying to grow metal is "an endeavor to persevere" trust me I know. Taking metal off is much easier. I would also contact the barrel maker and if they are aware of a model change may take your barrel in on exchange or are aware of a fix.

I think you were the one who helped me before. Remember? The pistol works fine with the factory barrel but with the threaded barrel, I've experienced FTE. Very little, its not happening every mag but its happening atleast once. I guess I could give them a call, I don't know if they will warranty a 2nd hand. I honestly don't know how old the barrel is. The original owner told me it had couple hundred rounds thru it and he had bought it from Jarvis. I'll have to call them on Monday and see what they say...

I wonder if its broken in yet. I honestly don't shoot the gun much. Maybe I should bring it out to the range one day and just go at it about 500 rounds and see if it works better than. Honestly I don't know its the spring problem because when you assemble, the spring retention switch and rest on the gun frame instead of barrel after its assembled. It might be the barrel causing the FTE. I'll try one more time then contact the maker and see if he warranty his barrel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom