• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What brand of long term food storage do you use?

WISE is what I stock, there is also 4Patriots company as well, I have one of there 3 month kits.

I believe WISE just changed there name to Ready WISE.

View attachment 2739110

I have both of these, I don't buy any long term food that does not last longer than 10 year's. I also have about 15 boxes of MRE's!

Just a bit of advice. If you intend to eat MRE's for any extended period (more than 3 days), be sure to keep fiber supplements on hand. Just saying, from a guy that spent 20 plus years in the Military and has eaten his share of MRE's. Us older guys used to wish for the C rations that we got when we first enlisted instead of the MREs.

Just canned goods and rotate them. A lot of stuff now has 3+ year use by dates.
I think any canned goods not containing tomato products would be good for at least 5 years. A lot of us would run out of meds (and tp) long before food.
Same here, I can buy a ton more long term real food and rotate it out than that over-priced dried puke in a bucket that will most likely have you die from diarrhea within a few months of trying to survive on it

I am seeing a big difference in how many calories different brands calls a meal. The sodium levels seem to vary quite a lot too. I keep looking fir a good comparison chart. I may have to make my own

I use LDS canned goods and make my own buckets with mixtures of items to add variety. I add some random seasonings to every bucket so that it is not as bland

Speaking of, not sure if prices have changed but this seems a good bit cheaper than elsewhere at first glance.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021687746?pid=322909
Thanks for the link. I just picked up a Wise bucket and Mountain House Just in Case 3 day. Was looking at their 12 gauge buck and .45 ACP and unfortunately they are out of stock. No big deal, I have plenty but when I shop I always like to pick up extra stuff (got some Crossman CO2 cartridges and some extra pellets for the air pistol.

I use LDS canned goods and make my own buckets with mixtures of items to add variety. I add some random seasonings to every bucket so that it is not as bland
The LDS used to sell starter kits and such online and you used to be able to go to their cannery and buy stuff or can stuff but I believe they have now restricted sales to members and you have to have you Temple Admit or something to be able to buy from them. I could be wrong but they always had great prices.

Same here, I can buy a ton more long term real food and rotate it out than that over-priced dried puke in a bucket that will most likely have you die from diarrhea within a few months of trying to survive on it
While I have a good stock of the long term dried stuff I also have a lot of canned goods on hand. We triple shop when we buy cans. If I need one can, I buy 3, if we are making something that requires 2 or 3 cans to make we buy 6 or 9 cans. The pantry stays full, the prices isn't overly high and we rotate every can, first in, first out (we date all the cans when we buy them too).

Back
Top Bottom