• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are your favorite rugged work pants.

I just went over this on Friday
I won't tell you which brand I bought
but check the weigh of the fabric
also not all of the same brand of pants has the same weight fabric
only 1 person above mentioned the heaviest weigh pant material,

Looks like the firehouse pants seem to be pretty popular.

The reviews on the duluth trading seems like they’re bot what they used to be as far as the pockets being a different material than the pants.

My biggest thing is reinforced knees as I have to do a lot of work on the ground and wear my knees out pretty quickly.
I usually wear knee pads but still end up wearing the. out from quick things like checking tire pressures and setting jack stands without knee pads....it’s adds up.
A looser or stretchy inseam is a plus .
Low rise waist suck because I usually wear a gun belt and a concealed pistol almost 100% of the time unless I’m laying under a car then I gotta take it off.
I pretty much wear the work pants when I’m not at work and I’m doing work at the camp ...lots of tree work and carpentry stuff.

I can’t stand tight crotch pants that ride up your ass crack tight or skinny leg pants.
I also don’t like cargos that have super baggy pockets that make you look like run DMC.
It’s hard to find a happy medium.

I’ll probably try a pair of those firehouse pants and see how I
like them.
If I like em I’ll probably get a few more pairs to rotate out.

The firehose pants that have the velcro tool belt loops also have kneepad compartments and duluth sells kneepads that fit inside. Just fyi as there are different models (?) Of the firehose pants.

My biggest thing is reinforced knees as I have to do a lot of work on the ground and wear my knees out pretty quickly.
I usually wear knee pads but still end up wearing the. out from quick things like checking tire pressures and setting jack stands without knee pads....it’s adds up.
A looser or stretchy inseam is a plus .
Low rise waist suck because I usually wear a gun belt and a concealed pistol almost 100% of the time unless I’m laying under a car then I gotta take it off.
I pretty much wear the work pants when I’m not at work and I’m doing work at the camp ...lots of tree work and carpentry stuff.

I can’t stand tight crotch pants that ride up your ass crack tight or skinny leg pants.
I also don’t like cargos that have super baggy pockets that make you look like run DMC.
It’s hard to find a happy medium.
Glad you added this as 'work' pants means different things to different people. Given what you've said, seriously consider trying at least a pair of Wrangler ProGear Upland pants. I have 3 pairs (blue, coyote and camo). Just as comfortable as their regular jeans but with the brush guard material from mid thigh down. While I initially bought the camo for hunting, I bought the others for when I have work to do that I know is going to be tough on what I'm wearing. I promise you, you won't wear out those knees.

i only buy from them during sales when i can afford it lol. i check their website at least once a week. they can run some amazing deals sometimes. before Christmas i snagged a 120 dollar jacket from them for only 40 bucks shipped. kicking myself for not buying a spare at that price lol.

the longtail Ts are awesome.
Long tail tees were $9.50

Have you bought any recently?
The reviews are enough to keep me from going there or even considering them as an option.
They do have Black, but after reading the reviews, I'll buy the Walmart pants.

i just bought 2 new pairs last week with the 25% off going on right now. just as solid as my other older ones. i only buy the duluthflex, flexpadition and dry on the fly pants from them.

i just think they get alot of hate for the price point they are. i just shop for the sales they have and you can get some killer deals.

and i said before, the trick to not having them draw up (become highwaters lol) is to NOT use fabric softener. if you want to use fabric softener, just buy the next size up in length. thats what i do now because i like fabric softener lol.

oh, and when i had a pair of my duluth trading co pants break a zipper....i went to the store with no reciept and me not being in the computer system...and they gave me a full price store credit refund. not a lowest sale price or anything, but full credit refund. that right there solidified me as a returning customer for sure lol.

i just bought 2 new pairs last week with the 25% off going on right now. just as solid as my other older ones. i only buy the duluthflex, flexpadition and dry on the fly pants from them.

i just think they get alot of hate for the price point they are. i just shop for the sales they have and you can get some killer deals.

and i said before, the trick to not having them draw up (become highwaters lol) is to NOT use fabric softener. if you want to use fabric softener, just buy the next size up in length. thats what i do now because i like fabric softener lol.

oh, and when i had a pair of my duluth trading co pants break a zipper....i went to the store with no reciept and me not being in the computer system...and they gave me a full price store credit refund. not a lowest sale price or anything, but full credit refund. that right there solidified me as a returning customer for sure lol.

It's nice to hear good thing about ones customer service.
I dont mind the price part if they're worth it. To me at the prices DT as wants I would expect no issues with shrinking or durability and the reviews made me decide it wasn't worth my time or money

I’ve almost stopped shopping at Dick’s except for these pants. They fit good & wear great. Side pocket for a phone but they aren’t bagging cargo pants. The title says stretch utility but there’s not a lot of stretch to them. I usually find them on sale for $25 but found them online clearance for $16 during Christmas & bought 8 more pairs of them.
Must be scaling them down or out because they used to offer 5 colors.
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...nts-20fnsmstrtchtltypapb/20fnsmstrtchtltypapb

Back
Top Bottom