• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are your favorite rugged work pants.

Looking for black work pants that will last a while.

I used to get the classic walmart cargo pants which were half decent but they changed up to a stretchy material that look the same until you put them on then they’re like skinny jeans.
After a few washes they shrink up the leg.

I’ve had good luck with the Wrangler Riggs coveralls in black and would like to find some of that same rip stop in a cargo pant.
Has to be black cause I’m a mobile mechanic.

Was wondering what are some of your favorites that last and are comfortable.
I know that they are on the expensive side but you can't go wrong with Duluth Trading firehose pants. They are durable, lots of pockets, and you can catch them on sale every couple of months. You just can't wear them out. I prefer the Alaskan Hardgear pants but they are a little thicker that the standard ones. Note! Order a size longer than what you normally wear. They do shrink in length but not so much in the waist.

I've been through a work clothes journey for the past year. It depends on your pocket needs. If you don't need cargo pants tractor supply sells Schmitt pants that are comfy canvas that protect against abrasion and spikey things and actually breathe very well for summer but are decent for cold too. Great price. For a bit more, my favorites are the duluth trading firehose pants. I get the ones with the velcro tool belt loops. Never thought I would use those loops but I do have to carry a loaded tool belt through the woods, briars and hills and I find they are extremely helpful. Had to go on a suspender journey as well. Feel like an old man wearing suspenders but damn have those increased my daily comfort by a huge margin. Those would be my 2 picks out of the plethora I've bought, worn and discarded over the past year.

Looks like the firehouse pants seem to be pretty popular.

The reviews on the duluth trading seems like they’re bot what they used to be as far as the pockets being a different material than the pants.

My biggest thing is reinforced knees as I have to do a lot of work on the ground and wear my knees out pretty quickly.
I usually wear knee pads but still end up wearing the. out from quick things like checking tire pressures and setting jack stands without knee pads....it’s adds up.
A looser or stretchy inseam is a plus .
Low rise waist suck because I usually wear a gun belt and a concealed pistol almost 100% of the time unless I’m laying under a car then I gotta take it off.
I pretty much wear the work pants when I’m not at work and I’m doing work at the camp ...lots of tree work and carpentry stuff.

I can’t stand tight crotch pants that ride up your ass crack tight or skinny leg pants.
I also don’t like cargos that have super baggy pockets that make you look like run DMC.
It’s hard to find a happy medium.

I’ll probably try a pair of those firehouse pants and see how I
like them.
If I like em I’ll probably get a few more pairs to rotate out.

Back
Top Bottom