• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What a kick in the nutz! Thoughts and prayers? Update!!

My son had always wanted to join the military, so that’s exactly what he did. He was very excited 2 weeks ago when his recruiter picked him up to begin his journey. That was exactly 2 weeks ago yesterday. He arrived at Ft. Jackson about 1030pm and that was the last I heard until the next day as he called and read off a card very fast his Battalion, company and platoon. He obviously went through reception the first week, but started real stuff last week.

He was able to call for 15mins Sunday and was excited and in good spirits, saying the gas chamber was this week along with lots of other stuff and they would receive their weapon this Thursday. I just received a call from him that he has tested positive for COVID and was being quarantined for 2 weeks and would now have to start over where he left off, meaning 2 weeks behind. He will be assigned a new company, platoon and all. He was in pretty good spirits, but I’m sure morale is down some. 14 others were positive as well. Yeah, they all had the first shot of Pfizer. He said he felt sore, runny nose, sore throat and no taste, or smell. If you have a second please say a word for him and the others as well. Thank you ODT!
F, sir, prayers for your son, his team and for your family. We hope your son and the others heal quickly. Please thank your son and his friends for their service. Happy trails and may God bless America.

Just an update. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. My son is back in his new Regiment and Co. He’s very excited and feeling near 100%. I spoke with him Sunday and he’s out of quarantine back in business! Photo of my son today posted on Ft. Jacksons FB page. Thanks again!!

1BBD8BC5-1635-4DE7-BB13-BF1A8A8ED769.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom