• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the going rate for brass?

Stashtreasure

Default rank <300 posts
One more couldn’t hurt right?
59   0
Reaction score
What’s the going rate for unprocessed range brass?
I have a few buckets full of 556 and 9mm and was trying to figure out if they’re worth the time to organize and sell/trade off?

I'd say right now it's whatever people are willing to pay. Redeyereloading has .223/5.56 for $80/k shipped right now. The one time I paid for .223/5.56 it was $25k/k
I've never paid for 9mm. Even back in April I had someone who shot competitively scoff @ 10k 9mm processed for $350. For me to not roll my eyes at asking prices right now I'd say $30/k on 9mm and $70/k .223/5.56 on unprocessed range pickups. Ocassionally I still see both processed and shipped for $100-$110/k .223/5.56 and $35-$40/k 9mm.

But then again I still think of .308/7.62 @ 10¢ each unprocessed. Just in January I paid only $150 shipped on 2,800 pieces (5.3¢)

If someone doesn't have the time, willingness to do a little work, have access to a range where brass is plentiful (which it's not like it was a year ago) or they don't know how to shop smart they should be prepared to pay more :)

buy the little sorting trays, that at least gets you in the ball part for calibers. but yes it's a pain in the ass to sort the brass.

in the past (up till maybe 2-3 months ago) my usual prices when I was buying were in the $25-30/k for 9mm and 40, $45-55 for 223 and 45. That was mostly once fired brass. If you are patient you can still find it close to those prices, or you can buy what pops up and pay 2x that.

odd calibers are all over the place right now.

Any recommendations for sorting trays?

I've had several bags of range brass stored away for the past few years... thinking now is the time, especially because I wanted to do it anyway to clear our some space in my home.

Back
Top Bottom