• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wet Tumbling: Frankford Arsenal or HF Concrete Mixer

I usually separate my brass but a few usually get by me, stacking I can deal with, it's when the media acts as a binder and separating becomes a pain.

Leaning towards a cement mixer since you could probably clean 5 gallon buckets of brass at a time.
If you get one, get if from Lowe's. The cheap crap at Harbor Freight doesn't last. I went through 3 in 2 years. I have been running the one from Lowe's for over years now. I have to replace the blades occasionally but that is about it.
20190910_180747.jpg
[ ATTACH=full]2780471[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20200104_164925.jpg
    20200104_164925.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 25
Depending on your budget and output...I bought a "Gem/rock" Tumbler from Harbor Freight for about $50..../It has 2 small double drums...I nuse steel pins and LS and they turn out great and have used it for a couple thousand brass so far with no issues

If you get one, get if from Lowe's. The cheap crap at Harbor Freight doesn't last. I went through 3 in 2 years. I have been running the one from Lowe's for over years now. I have to replace the blades occasionally but that is about it.
View attachment 2780470 [ ATTACH=full]2780471[/ATTACH]
double the price of the HF model, so will look on the used market. I like that it has a polymer tub and the blades look like they are easy to fab once they need replacing.

Depending on your budget and output...I bought a "Gem/rock" Tumbler from Harbor Freight for about $50..../It has 2 small double drums...I nuse steel pins and LS and they turn out great and have used it for a couple thousand brass so far with no issues
Not enough capacity.

Back
Top Bottom