• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

West GA Precision ~ December NRL22 Match ~ 12/11/2021 **UPDATED W/ PICS**

What are you going to do with all that extra magnification you aren’t used to? Looks like a great set up!
Lol. I’m trying to figure it out lol. I feel like I went from an abacus to a computer that is used at the pentagon. A couple of 5 shot groups with cci standard at 50yds. It was getting dark on me. I had to shoot tonight with the can on the rifle cause my cousin was hunting on the other side of the farm but I had a few rounds go supersonic. Never had that happen with cci sv. I’m guessing it’s cause it’s colder?
B735EEE4-C235-4D65-9E04-1428F13FC390.jpeg40682871-79D1-445B-BA5A-9C1B4E31F4E7.jpeg

What are you using on your rifle scope wise? I would imagine you need a little more magnification for the PRS Rimfire (and most certainly the centerfire ranges)...
I’m using a Zero Compromise 5-27. I typically shoot in the 10-12 mag range and sometimes roll up to 15. It’s honestly the same when I shoot centerfire matches with the exception of a straight prone 1000+ yard stage. I might go up to 20 power then if the mirage isn’t bad. Field of view is usually more beneficial than being zoomed in. I’ve been practicing a little bit using more magnification to see if it helps me see my impacts/misses better.

I’m using a Zero Compromise 5-27. I typically shoot in the 10-12 mag range and sometimes roll up to 15. It’s honestly the same when I shoot centerfire matches with the exception of a straight prone 1000+ yard stage. I might go up to 20 power then if the mirage isn’t bad. Field of view is usually more beneficial than being zoomed in. I’ve been practicing a little bit using more magnification to see if it helps me see my impacts/misses better.
Yeah, I've tried to be more aware of my zoom power, unless it's a stage where there are small targets and no change in distance...I'll get there one of these days.

Yeah, I've tried to be more aware of my zoom power, unless it's a stage where there are small targets and no change in distance...I'll get there one of these days.
Always faster to find the target and zoom in than to have to zoom out because you can’t find it. Both eyes open looking at the target as you get behind the rifle putting the scope on target is the fastest.

Back
Top Bottom