• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Were you caught with your pants down?

Oh man, I cant tell you how many people with guns i know who cant shoot for **** or have more than 250 rounds for any of their guns. a few guys i know dont have enough ammo for six mags despite being "on the level" about SHTF

I started prepping around the Obungo years. gave up in 2018-2019 because i was disillusioned with it/ thought it was a waste of money. But i didnt get rid of anything really important

Bad:
-No water storage vessels
-No berky
-No full face PPE for Significant other
-no lisol ( never use it to be honest)
-very short on lisol wipes
-No full seal goggles
I was able to pick up a few cans of spray and wipes as it was escalating in FEB. I really wish i would of grabbed more masks when i could of but, i have enough for now.

Needs improvement:
-probably could of stood to have an extra pack of TP (i have 2 months worth as a rule of thumb)
-more red meat and frozen vegetables
-5.56 ammunition
-need to keep two cases of water on hand (i swap it into BOB's)
-Food for the fuzzball
-Power tools
-Improving the offensive capacity of my tribe

Good:
-Medical
-guns/ammo/gear
-attitude
-Food/ baking necessities/ spices
->> do you know how much of a morale booster a pan of hot cookies is?
-Battery logistics (everything uses only three types of batteries)

Good post, I noticed you mentioned spices.
That fella that lived alone in Alaska for 35 years and built his own cabin named Dick Proenneke, mentioned in one of his journals how having spices to cook with was like being rich. That spices, something most of us don't give a second thought about, were more important than so many other things. So, of course I went out and stocked up on spices .... :becky:

Plenty of everything. Wish we could tolerate more frozen or canned food as we'd have even more..........just dont eat that crap lol

Really wish i had more home project and supplies for them lined up to keep busy on off days.

Plenty of everything. Wish we could tolerate more frozen or canned food as we'd have even more..........just dont eat that crap lol

Really wish i had more home project and supplies for them lined up to keep busy on off days.

Me too. I am putting in a "store pickup" order for Home Depot this afternoon and they advertize that they will bring it to your car.

Actually, they deliver for $8.99, saves me even going to the store.

Yep we've had them deliver a tons of stuff.

Pressure washed driveway and filled all cracks
dug out old dead bushes and planted new ones
put down like 30 bags of mulch
fixing a retaining wall in the back yard now

I used to order and do in store pickup a CS desk and i would browse on anything else i wanted while the things i needed were already ready.

Now i just get it delivered except for the big stuff.

Hell i need like 20 bales of pine straw lol

I saw what kind of animals people could turn into during Hugo's aftermath. I've been "prep'd" since Nov. 1989.

I was there too, In a town called Manning.
That was one heck of a night wasn't it ?
I fought a german shepard for some clean water (melted ice) in the bottom of an ice chest in the back of his owner truck the afternoon after the storm. He got me good but I got that water

Just a noob question as I have not reconciled what happens when SHTF. I have adult kids and 2 grandkids in Atlanta. I have animals I love. My neighborhood is full of families with various ages of kids. I cannot support the whole area but neither could I let then starve if it really came to that nor do I have a place I could sneak off to. If you decide to shelter in place what happens when the neighbors look to you for guidance ( too late of course).

I have the same issue, but it's all about who brings skills to the table, do they have guns, food or skills in medicine hunting, etc. You cannot take care of everyone unless you have the supplies for everyone. You cannot take care of adults who will not help the group as a whole. It's a Hard decision but for you and your family to survive you have to turn some people away. I have a few friends who are well off financially but call me for ammo, food and other stuff. I have been telling them for years to have something for there family in case of Emergency. I have been calling these (Eater's) my Sons term for people who don't not contribute to your group! I have been providing, Them information where to but Masks, ammo and other things. By the way, I would never turn away a child sick or not! By the way my cheap ass son has been contributing money for ammo, food and Masks with no problem. Since, I'm not buying anything on ODT my money is growing, if this craziness passes, I'm hitting as many Pawn Shops as possible, from 9am-5pm.

Back
Top Bottom