• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well this should kill the Mustang off.

Yes...you missed it.

There is another Mustang II in this pic too....do you see it?
ccb2233e95b7d2addcc24951b38c46e4.jpg
I see some ‘headlights’ :lol:

Until they can get these electric cars go 750 miles between charges, running on average of 70mph and get the ability to tow a little weight without draining the batts..... America will never give up on the gas and diesel engines. These things will not charge fast enough.

Especially with cost of $2/gal. Nobody is interested in giving up the gas engines. They might get an electric to drive around town in but you bet your arse there is a Suburban or Expedition in the driveway too.

If they were really down dog serious about this crap they would develop the hydrogen fuel cells.

While I agree with you guys in principle. We are all wrong. The world has turned, fuel efficiency is the new cool. You are absolutely right: guys like you won't but these cars, but they are not selling these cars to guys like you. Suburban mom's and millions and millions and millions of 20-40 year olds buy most of the new cars and they want fuel efficiency and loads of technology. Ford realized it was slowly going out of business trying to sell cars to guys like you, so they have caught up with the times and are doing their best to remain competitive. Japanese, and European car companies along with Tesla are going to put Ford out of business if they don't offer cars like they are coming out with.

While i too cringe at the use of the Mustang name for an all electric car with fake engine noise...I applaud Ford's effort to do their part to keep America Great.
You're absolutely right about them not marketing to my demographic. I can definitely tell that's the case every time I get on the road. Damn near everything has to be a crossover now. And what is a crossover really good for? Not much aside from stretching milenials out for 72 months. When me and the wife worked at the port of Brunswick we got to drive lots of new makes and models. Very few of those had any appeal to me. I liked the Foresters especially the base model steel wheel 5 speed manual package. It had almost enough room for an average SUV. Meanwhile the Crosstrek sucked ass.No real leg room or cargo room . Same thing with the Hyundai and Kia models. The Santa Re was nice but a helluva lot of money for a Hyundai. The Kona is like a bad joke. I think they were ripping off the Crosstrek design. Maybe I'm just getting old but the only thing I really liked from Hyundai and Kia was the mini van.
Point is... pick your brand or model and they all look the same. Whatever Ford was going for with this thing they could've and should've named it something else.

I used to be against electric vehicles as a general rule.

And I used to own a '66 Mustang, too.

But when the Mach E stomps the v8 Mustang in 0-60 what are you going to say?

Because that day is coming. If it's not already here.

Unfortunately the older I get the more I see cars as appliances like my father did. Maybe that's because I rode a Yamaha R1 that took care of any performance needs I had at the time. Maybe it's because I'm just more practical in my old age.
Yeah..but my speeder was 78 Kaw LTD 1000...145 if you got down on the tank good....

It’s all that clean electricity produced by coal fired power plants.
And has anyone told us the levels of pollution involved in making all those lithium ion batteries?
I remember reading that the carbon footprint of producing an EV is 10-15% percent more than a gas powered vehicle. This is not the same article, but it supports the claim.

https://www.thegreenage.co.uk/tech/environmental-footprint-electric-cars/

Yes, new car buyers are in the 20-40 age demographic. Young people are idealistic. They want to be environmentally responsible. They like things such as the Green New Deal, ride sharing, and deciding what gender they want to be. They also believe most climate change is due to human activity and not a cyclical force of nature. EVs are marketed to them as a cure-all, a panacea if you will of environmental action, but it's to sell "units," kind of like jet skis are "units." :lol:

I get it. The only constant is change. But right now, EVs and hybrids are political theater. They would hardly be selling at all were it not for the government subsidies. Plenty of problems still being worked out, and overall they are an extremely poor value. Know anyone who tried to sell a Prius with the red triangle of death illuminated? The cost of paying a shop to replace the battery pack costs about what the car is worth, around $4000. That's a terrible value for 100,000-150,000 miles. Tesla is upwards of $7000, but they do claim 300,000+ miles.

Give me a traditional Corolla, Accord, Charger, or F-150, and save for stopping 5 minutes every 400 miles at the ubiquitous QuikTrip or similar, be able to drive it almost anywhere and enjoy the drive without worrying about where there's a plug-in. As for having all that thrilling torque? Speed limits are posted. GSP will be happy to show you how important your torque is.

The hardest accelerating street machine I’ve ever ridden in is a friend’s dual motor Tesla model 3. The G force pinned my head to the seat back and I thought I would pass out.
But I still wouldn’t buy one.

The hardest accelerating street machine I’ve ever ridden in is a friend’s dual motor Tesla model 3. The G force pinned my head to the seat back and I thought I would pass out.
But I still wouldn’t buy one.
It's fun the first few times. My friend has a Model 3. But after the honeymoon, it's just a car.

Back
Top Bottom