• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well this should kill the Mustang off.

Just like the pathetic 4 door Jeep and now the 4 door Bronco. Sacrilege! They have no shame.

Yeah and I know I've pissed off a few folks here over the years trashing 4 door Wranglers and Porsches. But think about it. If you didn't want a 2 door Wrangler it's called a Grand Cherokee. If the good old Porsche coupe didn't suit you it's called a 5 series or 7 series or A6/ A8 etc. Its kinda like recent Harleys I've seen with LCD screens on the handle bars. Damn! Didn't you buy a bike to get away from all that electronic ****? And do you really need another distraction when you're taking your life in your own hands?
In the last 2 decades damn near everything has been comprised. I'm not and never have been a muscle car guy but if I was and if I was a Mustang owner this would set me right the **** off.
In the mid 80s Ford developed the Probe. Their intent was for it to be the new Mustang. But then all the Mustang clubs got wind of it and said " Oh hell no you won't!" And it became the Probe. So where were all the Mustang clubs this time ?

Y’all are funny.

I’ve been in this 4 door Sahara for the last 3 months up here in the Bush. It’s all real Jeep with the additional room that has been much appreciated.

I didn’t think much of them before but I do now.
0e134e377c5ce64cc622e7021df495ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to be against electric vehicles as a general rule.

And I used to own a '66 Mustang, too.

But when the Mach E stomps the v8 Mustang in 0-60 what are you going to say?

Because that day is coming. If it's not already here.

Unfortunately the older I get the more I see cars as appliances like my father did. Maybe that's because I rode a Yamaha R1 that took care of any performance needs I had at the time. Maybe it's because I'm just more practical in my old age.
Yeah me too... growing old gracefully...
By buying the fastest production street motorcycles available today. LOL

Okay I admit that I'm dated as far as technology is concerned. And the future of horsepower is most likely turbo or supercharged. But i refuse to accept the hybrid and all electric premise. But if we are all just gonna give in to cars we have to plug in like a ****ing golf cart then just call it something else. Call it the Ford Snowflake or Ford Rainbow. Don't smere **** on the name of what WAS a respected name brand. Ford is a global company that has plenty of options..There's no valid reason to drag the Mustang name down into the libtard mud with this abortion.

I agree with the naming completely. It was a ridiculous stretch to call these new Evs 'Mustangs', but again, Ford has never seemed to mind sullying that name if it sold a few extra cars.

And honestly, the future of horsepower is electric, no two ways about it. Turbos and superchargers have come down in price to the point where they can be found in 'common' cars like Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros, but take a look at the supercars.

And I'm not talking everyday Porsches and Ferraris, but the real hypercars like Mclaren and it's ilk. The cars you see Stig driving around the track on Top Gear. Those are always the leading edge, and these days they are almost all either EV-only or a hybrid.

Tesla has shown the world that not only are electric cars practical and affordable, but that they are faster than almost anything else out there. YouTube is full of Teslas wiping out supercharged street monsters by full car lengths. The 'GT' version of this Ford looks to be capable of doing the same.

But you just can’t beat the sound of a healthy hi-po V8.

Yeah, but you can have that in an EV if you want to. Just like they pipe in 'engine sound' via the interior speakers in lots of new cars, there's a couple of companies that will setup your Tesla to make any engine note you want come out of the rear 'exhaust pipe'.

Kind of goofy but when you have a car that can sound like a Lambo and can beat a Hellcat by 3 car lengths on the quarter mile, it's hard to knock EVs too much.

The new all electric zero bikes are phenomenal.

Of course if one is the type of person who enjoys riding slow, loud, American made status symbols then I would imagine they would have no interest. Me personally, I prefer bikes that are fast and handle well.
You can have ‘em and more power to you.
In for loud, old technology.
Just wish I had my ‘73 Kaw Z-1 with the baffles out of the mufflers back.
That was a beautiful sound at 9000 rpm. And yes, it did not handle as well as the newer bikes.
And my 365 horse 4speed ‘64 ‘Vette Coupe would be blown out into the weeds by your average Tesla. But the sound of those Hooker side pipes...

That was a beautiful sound at 9000 rpm. And yes, it did not handle as well as the newer bikes.
And my 365 horse 4speed ‘64 ‘Vette Coupe would be blown out into the weeds by your average Tesla. But the sound of those Hooker side pipes...

Oh I understand. I own a R6 and the scream at 16K is orgasmic. The electric bikes aren’t on par with modern supersports but I can’t imagine that day is too far off.

I always liked the Kawas. Never rode a Z-1, but scared myself silly on an H2 Mach IV. Couldn't keep the front tire on the ground!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I’m at the track weekly, I’m not seeing EVs much at all.
Nothing competitive certainly.
EVs LOOK like the future, but no telling what new technology will evolve next.
That is assuming we don’t revert ourselves back into the Stone Age.

I agree with the naming completely. It was a ridiculous stretch to call these new Evs 'Mustangs', but again, Ford has never seemed to mind sullying that name if it sold a few extra cars.

And honestly, the future of horsepower is electric, no two ways about it. Turbos and superchargers have come down in price to the point where they can be found in 'common' cars like Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros, but take a look at the supercars.

And I'm not talking everyday Porsches and Ferraris, but the real hypercars like Mclaren and it's ilk. The cars you see Stig driving around the track on Top Gear. Those are always the leading edge, and these days they are almost all either EV-only or a hybrid.

Tesla has shown the world that not only are electric cars practical and affordable, but that they are faster than almost anything else out there. YouTube is full of Teslas wiping out supercharged street monsters by full car lengths. The 'GT' version of this Ford looks to be capable of doing the same.

Yeah, but you can have that in an EV if you want to. Just like they pipe in 'engine sound' via the interior speakers in lots of new cars, there's a couple of companies that will setup your Tesla to make any engine note you want come out of the rear 'exhaust pipe'.

Kind of goofy but when you have a car that can sound like a Lambo and can beat a Hellcat by 3 car lengths on the quarter mile, it's hard to knock EVs too much.
When they can compete at the 24 hours of le mans, I'll be impressed.
Or even complete a full day's highway driving.

Back
Top Bottom