• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weird crap grandpa's thinking about...

are all washer/dryer setups...and laundry rooms generally....washer on the left and dryer on the right?? Got to thinking about all I have had, and they are all this way. Is this a 'Merican thang?? Just the opposite in other countries?

You young whippersnappers look what you got to look forward to...the whole damn world is going to hell, thousands gonna die, and that old drooling bastard is thinking about something this eff'in stupid.

But, I would still like to know.
That old drooling bastard got to be old for a reason.

Washer on the left and dryer on the right. I have push button light switches in my home and some push up for on and some push down because I never really cared as long as it came on and it keeps the kids guessing.

BTW does the water in the toilet really swirl the opposite way below the equator?

If they are top-loading it really doesn't matter. I've seen and lived with both setups.

If you have a front loader, they are typically setup with doors that open opposite directions, so you don't block the washer with the dryer door, and visa versa. In those units you almost always see the washer on the left and the dryer on the right, because that's how most front loader doors seem setup to open.

Historically front loaders were more of a European thing, while top-loaders were more popular in the US. I never even saw a front loader until I went to the UK as a teenager in the 70s. I think it probably had to do with the fact that they had smaller spaces to work with and typically had to stack them vertically, which obviously doesn't work with top-loading.

Back
Top Bottom