• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weird air conditioning problem, any AC guys on here?

5.5 is a total if everything is new and replaced per your model
Did you wrap the expansion valve with dum dum so when it’s pumping through the evaporator core and causing vibration it will not make noise ? Chattering maybe your sound ?
I always do this

I am very very familiar with your 95 accord btw

So you didn’t replace the evaporator core ?

No but I took it out and scrubbed it with bleach to remove all the mildew then blew it out with high pressure nitrogen to make sure it was dry. Then I replaced the expansion valve and took care to make sure all the copper tubing was in the same position and all of the rubber insulation was placed around it the same way it came from the factory.

5.5 is a total if everything is new and replaced per your model
Did you wrap the expansion valve with dum dum so when it’s pumping through the evaporator core and causing vibration it will not make noise ? Chattering maybe your sound ?
I always do this

I am very very familiar with your 95 accord btw

Yep. I made sure the rubber was wrapped around the new expansion valve the same way the factory one was. I even made sure that the styrofoam insulation box was seated around the evaporator core perfectly before putting it back in.

Did you happen to blow thru the expansion valve ? I have got bad ones off the shelf and I refuse to use any eBay ac parts
Hope it’s a Honda part of not replace it

No I didn't do anything to the new expansion valve. Came in the AC kit from NAPA. Not OEM Honda parts but NAPA parts are the best aftermarket options available in my opinion. Never had an issue with them.

Another member said
Remove and recharge I would try that and see how it does and watch gauges like one said
Before removing parts

any pulsating of gauges we have a problem
And high head pressure problem

make sure your fans working both them ac and engine on your car

So a few months ago I rebuilt the air conditioning system on my Honda Accord. New compressor, accumulator, expansion valve, o-rings, and condenser. I filled it with the correct amount of PAG oil and then had it professionally evacuated and recharged. It works great now and blows very cold. However sometimes when the compressor turns on at 2-3000rpm it makes a really weird howling/whistling/squealing noise. The only way I can describe it is that it sounds like a midget is inside the glove box f***ing a goose with a kazoo. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the expansion valve on the evaporator core. It's like when it releases freon with the engine turning at a certain RPM there is some kind of a harmonic resonance reverberating through the lines. It only does it some of the time and if I push in the clutch and let the engine go to idle it immediately goes away. WTF is going on here?
I'm sorry to guess but it sounds like it's overcharged or your electric fan isn't coming on at radiator.

Another member said
Remove and recharge I would try that and see how it does and watch gauges like one said
Before removing parts

any pulsating of gauges we have a problem
And high head pressure problem

make sure your fans working both them ac and engine on your car

I'm sorry to guess but it sounds like it's overcharged or your electric fan isn't coming on at radiator.

I suppose overcharging is a possibility but I really doubt it. I took it to a shop and had it done with their professional equipment. It's a very good shop too, the only one that I let work on my vehicles for the few things that I can't do myself. Both the radiator and the condenser fans are functioning properly.

Back
Top Bottom