• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weird air conditioning problem, any AC guys on here?

Curious how much oil you put in

correct way is take old compressor and drain it have to spin clutch few god times get all you can out
Measure it

do the math what new one needs and old on has and that’s how much you add

New condenser needs its oil so add around 1.0 oz read specs I am off top my head
Dryer needs amount for replacing it and evaporator if you replaced that too

So how much did you add ?

correct way is take old compressor and drain it have to spin clutch few god times get all you can out
Measure it

New condenser needs its oil so add around 1.0 oz read specs I am off top my head

Total of 5.5oz if I remember correctly. Added half to the compressor and half to the accumulator. System was totally dry before I added anything so I know it wasn't overfilled.

Measure it

^^^^ This^^^^
Also, if it was me, I'd pull an ounce or two of freon out and see if it changes. But, I have the equipment to add it back too so I wouldn't have to depend on a tech.

No such thing as a total dry system bud

there is always oil you can’t get out

per your total I am sure you are over full

Did you not drain old compressor ? And see how much came out ?
Also

you put system in vac
And add oil directly to compressor

always hand spin it gently
Once ac comes on I personally turn switch on and of few good times to not over work compressor and allow it seat properly
For clutch

To much oil can make Weird sounds same as low oil

Ac compressor is like a engine

if it’s low oil it can make knocking sounds

But with weird sounds you have i think has to much but without putting my heads on and feeling it not sure

I have built the touch over years I can put my hands on low side and
High and tell if you low Freon and or head pressure way to high

lol

Also what year and model Honda and engine ?

95 Accord EX. 2.2 VTEC. I literally built every part of that car myself. Engine, trans, suspension, brakes, electrical system, interior, etc. The AC system rebuild was the last piece of the puzzle.

Never thought I would have a fully restored 95 Accord but I like it and it's fun to drive with the 5 speed manual.

Total of 5.5oz if I remember correctly. Added half to the compressor and half to the accumulator. System was totally dry before I added anything so I know it wasn't overfilled.
Oil amount should be in that range, if not a little more. Only thing I would have done different is spread it though the system during install. 3oz in the compressor and then every other component gets one ounce until you reach capacity. Only thing Id recommend is getting some gauges on it to look at high side readings. Aside from that, we’re just guessing for now.

No such thing as a total dry system bud

there is always oil you can’t get out

per your total I am sure you are over full

Did you not drain old compressor ? And see how much came out ?
Also

you put system in vac
And add oil directly to compressor

always hand spin it gently
Once ac comes on I personally turn switch on and of few good times to not over work compressor and allow it seat properly
For clutch

I pulled out every component and drained all the oil out. Then I blew out the lines with 3000psi of pure nitrogen. It was as close to dry as it could possibly be. Added oil to new compressor, turned it by hand a few times, then let it sit for a while nose down to let the oil coat the front seal.

I'm 99.9% sure its not the compressor making the noise though. It's the expansion valve in the evaporator core causing the sound. I just can't figure out why

I pulled out every component and drained all the oil out. Then I blew out the lines with 3000psi of pure nitrogen. It was as close to dry as it could possibly be. Added oil to new compressor, turned it by hand a few times, then let it sit for a while nose down to let the oil coat the front seal.

I'm 99.9% sure its not the compressor making the noise though. It's the expansion valve in the evaporator core causing the sound. I just can't figure out why
So you didn’t replace the evaporator core ?

Back
Top Bottom