• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weird Aimpoint T2 questions

Just got another response back from aimpoint with MUCH better info and much better service!

Thanks for contacting Aimpoint!

Both are authentic Aimpoint optics and covered by our warranty. The difference in the optic body is due to our sourcing from two different machining facilities. With the bodies coming from the two different facilities, that can lead to very slight variations in the finish of the metal which will affect how the anodizing looks in regard to color or texture.

As for the dot intensity, there's a chance it could be the battery being somewhat depleted.. Switch the batteries and see if the intensity changes.

With the engraving, there is no excuse for that. It looks bad and we need to own that issue and take it up with our head of quality control.

Because of the issues and inconsistencies listed and shown here, I'd like to get that sight back and exchange it for you. When you buy a premium product you should receive that and this is not a good representation on our behalf. Follow the directions in the link below and we'll get it exchanged. If you have any other issues or concerns, please contact me directly.

https://aimpoint.us/warranty-service

Not sharing it here but the gentleman even gave me his direct number and email. High five.
That sounds more like Aimpoint for sure.

I will give them credit on the second response, that more than exceeded my expectations.

Probably a low totem guy on the first response that while giving a somewhat poor response passed it up the ladder properly. Good to see they are handling it even with probable manufacturing and supply issues.

Good to hear about Aimpoint's customer service stepping up for you. Out of curiosity, did swapping the batteries make a difference?

Swapping the battery made absolutely ZERO difference what so ever. I even swapped the two batteries between them and the problem stayed with the aimpoint, not with the battery. So a definite made no difference.

Gentleman told me to expect two weeks tops to get a replacement. After a little shaky first impression, I am now impressed by the followup.

Back
Top Bottom