• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weird Aimpoint T2 questions

jon-d

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
534   3
Reaction score
I purchased two T-2 micros without mounts and received them a couple days ago through an authorized vendor. They arrived in the standard sealed, serial numbered plain white boxes with all standard instructions / tool etc. The serial numbers are only a few digits apart but there are some significance differences in the two.

The anodizing finish and “engraving” quality is very different. One is very deep and eligible while the other looks very light.

The dot brightness is VASTLY different between the two. (Seven on one is easily viewable while on the other is almost invisible).

The battery terminals when inserting the battery have a different resistance to them but this is minor. Both came with the same brand batteries.

And lastly and most concerning to me is the bottom “footprint” is different. I have highlighted the difference in the below pictures.

I own numerous aimpoints and thought it was very very strange. What do y’all think? I reached out to aimpoint last week and haven’t heard word one.

Attachments

• ABABB0F4-46FB-4CCC-97F9-65B8F4504A1F.jpeg
    ABABB0F4-46FB-4CCC-97F9-65B8F4504A1F.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 3652234A-D75D-4147-A03C-804FE8D1CA07.jpeg
    3652234A-D75D-4147-A03C-804FE8D1CA07.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 66
If the Aimpoint logo on the main body is done during the injection molding process, it could be the difference between a mold at the end of its life and a fresh one from the machine shop.

I’ve gone through a handful of Aimpoint micros and I’ve noticed that they all tended to have subtle variations in markings like yours. The different footprint and most importantly, the difference in function would concern me though.

I purchased two T-2 micros without mounts and received them a couple days ago through an authorized vendor. They arrived in the standard sealed, serial numbered plain white boxes with all standard instructions / tool etc. The serial numbers are only a few digits apart but there are some significance differences in the two.

The anodizing finish and “engraving” quality is very different. One is very deep and eligible while the other looks very light.

The dot brightness is VASTLY different between the two. (Seven on one is easily viewable while on the other is almost invisible).

The battery terminals when inserting the battery have a different resistance to them but this is minor. Both came with the same brand batteries.

And lastly and most concerning to me is the bottom “footprint” is different. I have highlighted the difference in the below pictures.

I own numerous aimpoints and thought it was very very strange. What do y’all think? I reached out to aimpoint last week and haven’t heard word one.

Yea I would start by calling aimpoint and just asking them to check the serials then go from there on repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard back from Aimpoint.

“We have checked the serial numbers on the photo below, and they are valid numbers for AP Micro T-2 2MOA ACET, no Mount. There is no concern.”

Guess that ends that. I appreciate them taking all the time to help me understand their super expensive red dot. :(

Thanks everyone! I will use them and if anything comes of it I am sure they will warranty them.

Heard back from Aimpoint.

“We have checked the serial numbers on the photo below, and they are valid numbers for AP Micro T-2 2MOA ACET, no Mount. There is no concern.”

Guess that ends that. I appreciate them taking all the time to help me understand their super expensive red dot. :(

Thanks everyone! I will use them and if anything comes of it I am sure they will warranty them.
That's disappointing that they didn't bother to explain the differences between the two SAME units.

Just got another response back from aimpoint with MUCH better info and much better service!

Thanks for contacting Aimpoint!

Both are authentic Aimpoint optics and covered by our warranty. The difference in the optic body is due to our sourcing from two different machining facilities. With the bodies coming from the two different facilities, that can lead to very slight variations in the finish of the metal which will affect how the anodizing looks in regard to color or texture.

As for the dot intensity, there's a chance it could be the battery being somewhat depleted.. Switch the batteries and see if the intensity changes.

With the engraving, there is no excuse for that. It looks bad and we need to own that issue and take it up with our head of quality control.

Because of the issues and inconsistencies listed and shown here, I'd like to get that sight back and exchange it for you. When you buy a premium product you should receive that and this is not a good representation on our behalf. Follow the directions in the link below and we'll get it exchanged. If you have any other issues or concerns, please contact me directly.

https://aimpoint.us/warranty-service

Not sharing it here but the gentleman even gave me his direct number and email. High five.

Back
Top Bottom