• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapon mounted lights…yea or nah? For edc

There are only 2 real negatives to it... The cost (including the light and the holsters), and the pain to find a holster to go with it.

I did a poll on this very topic a while back, and the numbers voted for no light. However, the logic outweighed the votes in that one. It's the same reason we carry guns "better to have it and not need it..." The minor negatives I listed are far outweighed by the pro of having an extra very light tool with you.

I wish they had a brighter option for smaller pistols like the p365xl. I ordered a tlr7 sub for it last night.

the trl 7 sub is bright as ****. Something like 500 lumens. and while that's not earth shattering today, it's much more powerful than issued surefires during the war on terror, the trl 6 (100 lumens) and I think all the D cell maglights in the world, combined.

it's come a long way.

If I have any reason to think I'll be out at night or after dark, I carry a light now. yes it's slightly more annoying. Yes it's slightly more expensive. But I want every reasonable advantage I can get.

Chuck Pressburg: ALL gunfights are "Open Division" events where all participants shoot whatever gun they have. That's kinda the beauty of personal freedom from firearms restrictions. You will be measured in mortal combat by not only your personal skillset but your choice of equipment. Choose wisely.......​

so yeah, lights, red dots, extended capacity magazines, etc

6ABFD096-FD3B-4B7F-8900-5AA46C2154B4.jpeg
My sig wears it nicely. Doesn’t carry any more difficult or uncomfortable aiwb

4782325F-9157-40E1-8180-B5D452EBD3EE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom