• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapon mounted lights…yea or nah? For edc

I for some reason want to torture test it now..
6DD4E496-23F3-40FB-8D14-F012EFFB4D4E.gif

I will continue, despite opinions from sheepel. It will work or break..it's my dime?
I would say "yes". For those who want assurances that something will work out of the box, with no surprises, then I would say " buy a reputable brand and rock on". But if you know you're taking a risk, and plan on doing your own testing, then I would say "rock on". Someone has to be the pioneer, right? Anybody remember those plastic guns made in Austria? Somebody was the first to give them a try.

Years back I bought a surplus Aimpoint. Reputable brand. But I figured I should test it since I might be betting my life on it. Dunked it in water for an hour. Froze it In the freezer overnight. Cooked it on the dash of my car in summer, to the point I needed gloves to pick it up. It passed all the tests.

The Leapers brand red dot that I paid $40 for at a gun show passed the same tests. (I put the Aimpoint on the 'serious' carbine, but still.)

So pay your dime and rock on. Let us know the results!

I don't on my EDC because 90% of the time I'm at the house before dark and if not I'm in fairly well lit parking lots. I do have nights sites on it but that's about as far as it goes. I do have a light on my AKV that I keep in the house for things that go bump in the night.

Jesus ************ Christ.

Some of y’all need to back away from the keyboard, stop giving advice on subjects you have no expertise and go train with some reputable instructors.

Lights. Yes. Always lights. And the most lumens you can get.
Right? Its getting awfully fuddy in here. I cant stand the "giving your position away" argument.

Yes the guy being blinded by 1000+ lumens to his retinas somehow has an advantage by knowing where I am now. And by no way can I use that to my advantage while illuminating him and everything else within 50m. Lets just have a shootout in the dark and speculate what Im shooting at as nature intended.

Back
Top Bottom