• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapon mounted lights…yea or nah? For edc

Maybe it's my confirmation bias talking but this made a lot of sense to me.
I heard this a while back. Good stuff. All their podcast are interesting

Yes, tlr-7a is small enough to still conceal easy. Streamlight has some slimmer options also. Better to have one and not need than not have and need. Plus a back up handheld light for edc. Seeing and identifying things is important.

I know that this is an unpopular opinion, but I always felt that gun lights were a great way to give away your exact position. Besides, with all the "off" lights that every manmade device has these days my home outside the bedroom is never that dark. So yeah, my take is light for EDC and not for HD.
Interesting take on the OP, what do you do when you loose power , like when that Tornado did a drive by a couple night back.

Well, I guess I'll give a review after awhile because it will arrive Monday. The only negative things I can read online are from their earlier models when they were 1st starting out. I looked at Streamlight, and had trl a few years ago, just trying something new.

I have one. The battery compartment does not fit standard CR123 batteries, the door will not stay shut. You have to use olight branded batteries. I talked with support and they confirmed it.

I am going to ask them if I can return mine.
I read that about them. I can buy the right batteries, if I like it or return.. I got 30 days ro decide.

Anyone saying you don’t need a light in the dark has not actually shot anything in the dark.

and anyone saying you will just shoot at the light has never been hit in the face with 1000 lumens with dark adjusted eyes. You ain’t shooting at **** after that.

besides, the time between the light coming on and rounds coming out is pretty short if you do it right.

yes, why? because being able to see is important, a stand off decive for contact shots is important, being able to blind a potential attacker is important. If you are too fat to carry IWB, you need to worry more about diabetes and bad knees

Interesting take on the OP, what do you do when you loose power , like when that Tornado did a drive by a couple night back.
I'm not anti-flashlight. I have several headlamps, flashlights and hurricane lamps for such occasions. I keep a small one on me at all times. It's just my plan for home defense is such that I do not need one. The layout of my house is very accommodating for me to have enough light to positively ID an intruder without a moonbeam declaring my position.

I completely understand not everyone's floorplan is like that inwhichcase slap a light on your gun. Having PID on a target before you shoot is an absolute must. In my personal case I would rather have a bit of stealth.

Back
Top Bottom