• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapon mounted lights…yea or nah? For edc

You can’t shoot what you can’t see and with light training you’re not going to point the gun at something you shouldn’t or blind yourself.

^^^^ This is exactly why it is soooo important for training, Specifically night fire Trainig. Everybody’s eyes are different at night. The shooter should have the same confidence and discipline he or she has during the hours of limited visibility as they do during the day time.

[mention]cmshoot [/mention], now is the time hold a class. It seems as if there are some folks interested in this topic especially during this period of time we are currently facing with the spike in violence in various places.

Remember folks training and understanding your setup at night, the capabilities you possess with that set up and confidence is key.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^^ This is exactly why it is soooo important for training, Specifically night fire Trainig. Everybody’s eyes are different at night. The shooter should have the same confidence and discipline he or she has during the hours of limited visibility as they do during the day time.

[mention]cmshoot [/mention], now is the time hold a class. It seems as if there are some folks interested in this topic especially during this period of time we are currently facing with the spike in violence in various places.

Remember folks training and understanding your setup at night, the capabilities you possess with that set up and confidence is key.

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This^ Shooters ability is a very real thing and it's developed with training and practice.

IMG_3081.JPG

Curious whatcha guys think. For your edc do ya rock a weapon mounted light or nah? More pros than cons or what?

Cons: Zero.

Pros: Having the ability to PID your target during hours of limited visibility is absolutely crucial!

From a legal perspective, if you engage a perceived threat and you hit an unintended target, that could be legally damaging in a court of law...

Weight increase of a light is negligible.

Must train with your setup both in live fire, and how you carry.

How you currently carry w/o a WML may be different in how you carry with a WML.

Practice practice practice....

Dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire

Respectfully
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the majority consensus I hear is “don’t do it!” For o lights. I actually have one. A handheld and it gets hella-hot! It actually got bumped on more than once and has burned through my pant packet and also burned through the belt sheath it came with. I had got one years ago before hearing all the negatives on it

Back
Top Bottom