• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapon mounted lights…yea or nah? For edc

I've got 2 concealed guns, my 43x stock and slick to be comfortable and discreet, and my Gucci-ish 19 with a dot and a light. If I'm going to Mechanicsville or somewhere I feel I might get robbed I bring the 19, any other time I bring the 43x because it's a pain in the ass, especially driving

J Jambo :

Yes. Chances are good that if you need it you'll be in a darkened area. Plus I use the same for EDC and HD, so a weapon light is a must.

100% agree with J Jambo . If your carrying and something happens during hours of limited visibility, how do you engage w/o PID your target? PID is a MUST in EVERY situation.
I know that this is an unpopular opinion, but I always felt that gun lights were a great way to give away your exact position.
You are absolutely correct NumberFive NumberFive , they are if your not smart Anout how you utilize your WML.

Option 1: Prior to purchasing, look to see weather or not your able to put a red lens to your light. This is a great option if you intend to always have the light on. Having a Red lens on your WML will reduce your signature.

Option 2: Really exercise Noise and Light discipline and only engage the light when. Absolutely needing to.

During hours of limited vision and outside, use your natural “Night Vision”. Learn your home and it’s layout. You should be able to move fluidly throughout your home in the dark without issue.

If you walk around with your light always on, that’s called a “Target Indicator” and is easily detected or engaged.

If you are skilled enough and exercise Option 2, a white light would give you a major advantage over an opponent.
Everyone’s circumstances are different. So really just depends on what environments and situations you find yourself in.
Also, everyone’s training is level is different. White light is extremely effective in the hands of someone who is trained to use it effectively.
CrzTyler CrzTyler - this is 100% True. Well Said!

I think it was stated somewhere in this thread that it’s hard enough to CC and that a WML is not needed? I can’t remember. If I’m you want to CC and you feel you need a WML, you will figure out how your going to carry your setup. Adjustments will be made and you will figure it out.

OP. if your looking to purchase a WML, do yourself a service and head to the range to conduct multiple night fires to get used to the setup.

Respectfully
Chris

My CC is my nightstand firearm.

Lights on the gun. I remember reading FBI stats that over 80% of violent crime occurs at night. We shouldn't shoot what we can't positively identify as a threat.

Friends don't let friends use olight.

Check your holster options when light shopping for a handgun. Most offerings are for surefire x300 or streamlight TLR series. I've been carrying surefire for years and have had zero issues with mine.

For a rifle light, big fan of modlite and not quite as big of a fan but still rock a cloud rein. Yes they are expensive but if you need it, it needs to work.

Sometimes. I have young kids so most of the time I’m home by dark. If I’m not going to be I want the option of a light. Also nice to throw the light on at the hotel for the night.

Trl 7 sub on the 365xl

HD guns need crazy lights. 1k lumen or better. You can’t shoot what you can’t see and with light training you’re not going to point the gun at something you shouldn’t or blind yourself.

Back
Top Bottom