• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Water pump.

Why manual?

Windmills and a tank have been used for hundreds of years, free, renewable, -

I'm not sure about how practical a human powered pump would be for creating a 125 head for any usable amount of time.
No place to put a windmill. I also don't want it to draw attention. I won't be drawing water from a well. It will be from a creek that is at the bottom of a very steep slope.
This is for SHTF conditions and is meant to get the water to us from the creek for filtration and purification.

No place to put a windmill. I also don't want it to draw attention. I won't be drawing water from a well. It will be from a creek that is at the bottom of a very steep slope.
This is for SHTF conditions and is meant to get the water to us from the creek for filtration and purification.
You'll need 3 or 4 tanks or barrels for any type of hand/manual pump, also you want to use continuous pipe w/o any type of joints other than fusion connections.
A ram pump is the most logical even though its a tad bit noisy. You have to toy with the chamber size to manipulate its ability to handle the psi.

I thought you were talking about a well.
Take a look at this setup. I think this will work for you.
The pump is the 1 and 1/4 inch x 36 inch section with the blue foot valve. Every thing else is variable
It has up to a 30 inch stroke so it will work with a windmill motor or water wheel and cam set up or with any manual setup that you dream up.
You may have to dig a sump in the creek.
I would get LOTS of extra seals if you go this route

popcorn-sutton-closeup-sized-1.png

Back
Top Bottom